June 9, 2005

first things first – haiku & lawyer boycotts

Filed under: pre-06-2006 — David Giacalone @ 1:51 pm

There was far too much lawyer stuff on this weblog yesterday. 

Dagosan didn’t even pen any haiku or senryu.  Before we get

carried away today with whether or when weblogs constitute

advertising, here are three of my favorites from George Swede:

town dump

two magpies jabber

on an old brass bed

in the old elm’s shade

the black cat opens one eye

sunspot on its tail

used bookstore

a sunset beam lights a row

of forgotten authors

George Swede from Almost Unseen (Brooks Books, 2000) 

• by dagosan                                               

mid-June midnight

twenty degrees cooler

outside her house

[June 8, 2005]  

potluck

tiny check Many Massachusetts Bar Advocates have no shame: they are willing to  jailbird neg

publically break the antitrust laws, and disrupt the judicial process, in order

to coerce the State to raise their assigned counsel fees.  Some of them have

started another per se illegal joint boycott, refusing to take cases of indigents

charged with murder. (see Boston Globe article, June 8, 2005).  They’ve been

egging themselves on, at their Yahoo Group website, since April — talking

about taking “summer vacations” again (like last year’s boycotts), with the chant

of “NNC!” (“No New Cases!”).  Sadly, the Massachusetts antitrust law does

not apply to regulated professions.  However, the Bar Advocate conduct here 

clearly falls within FTC v. Superior Court Trial Lawyers Assn. (493 U.S. 411,

1990), and the recent FTC Clark County [WA] Lawyers matter.   Indeed, group

boycotts aimed at raising prices are criminal offenses under the Sherman Act.  If

the FTC or the Department of Justice do not take action very soon, I hope some

antitrust plaintiffs’ lawyers will take on this case on behalf of the taxpayers of

Massachusetts. 

• Last year’s boycott got the Bar Advocates a 25% fee hike. 

A major Legislative Report, in April, recommended 50% more

over three years. [see post]  The Bar Advocates want more, now.

• We’ve been covering this topic for the past two years. See, e.g.,

here and here.

launched it with a letter to the Department of Justice and FTC that praises their

activities in residential real estate industry; advises them of AAI’s new project, to

be headed by AAI Senior Fellow Norman Hawker; questions the linkage of brokerage

commissions to house sale prices; and announces a real estate competition symposium

in the Fall.

1. Interesting on the bar advocate thing. My housemate, whose twin sister appears in my video, is in the program to try to learn crimlaw and get established; fortunately she met someone who knew someone. It never occurred to me the anti-trust issue. I’ll have to think about that.

Meanwhile, her story my story and other folks’ stories about American Tower and the arguably unethical activities of former Mass. Bar President Richard C. Van Nostrand may be seen here:

Equal Rights for Everybody is Key:

My name is Christopher King, and I totally agree with Attorney Van Nostrand on the point of equal marriage and other rights for homosexuals, for which he and Attorney Renee M. Landers received awards from the Massachusetts Lesbian and Gay Bar Association.

But when it comes to discrimination against a plain-old male n*gg*r, well that’s where we have a problem that you can see in my online video at my website:

http://www.christopherkingesq.com

Actually you can also view the piece in Boston and Cambridge throughout the month of June; just contact BNN and CCTV for run times.

Where I have zealously represented homosexual clients in my practice, and agree that they have a right to be married just as anyone else, Van Nostrand in his practice has:

1. Allowed his client, American Tower Corporation, to destroy sexually-tinged emails from Caucasian Manager Leslie Klaidman toward me, despite me writing him four (4) letters asking for retention — at least one such letter written with the help of well-respected Civil Rights Attorney and Professor Louis A. Jacobs, Esq.,

2. Refused to reconstruct the hard drive or mirror image even after Federal Court Judge Lindsay ORDERED American Tower Corporation to produce emails relevant to me. But Judge Lindsay is Black, so maybe Van Nostrand is just being consistent in his disrespect.

All this, mind you, is interesting because the Department of Labor fined American Tower $300,000.00 for Overtime violations after I sent another fired male n*gg*r there to the Department to issue a Complaint.

All this, mind you happened immediately after former Caucasian American Tower VP Jody Mitchell had the nerve to tell the entire staff that I was a “Dangerous Black Man,” when they fired me 2 hours after I demanded overtime pay, citing statute. She also called the Woburn Police and called me a “scoundrel.”

Interesting, n’est-ce pas?

As such, all I can say is that when you take a stand to be fair and to promote Civil Rights, you do it for everybody, not just for your own pet projects. Van Nostrand’s approach, in my opinion, is hypocritical and stands inimical to the greater Cause of Justice.

Very truly yours,

Christopher King, Esq.

Comment by -c — June 12, 2005 @ 4:23 pm

2. Interesting on the bar advocate thing. My housemate, whose twin sister appears in my video, is in the program to try to learn crimlaw and get established; fortunately she met someone who knew someone. It never occurred to me the anti-trust issue. I’ll have to think about that.

Equal Rights for Everybody is Key:

http://www.christopherkingesq.com

Interesting, n’est-ce pas?

Very truly yours,

Christopher King, Esq.

Comment by -c — June 12, 2005 @ 4:23 pm