December 22, 2008

another East Aurora snow day

Filed under: q.s. quickies — David Giacalone @ 3:52 pm

School children woke this morning to another Snow Day in the Buffalo suburb of East Aurora, New York.  I’m not sure whether my eight-year old nephew James would have preferred to join his friends and teachers in a day of pre-Christmas classroom adventures.  And, I really don’t know whether his solo-practicing lawyer daddy Arthur needed to concentrate on clients rather than shoveling this morning.

[click to enlarge]

I’m glad, indeed, that they sent me the above photo from their driveway.  It’s surely worth more than a thousand words from the Buffalo Weather Man about blowing snow, “lake effects” and wind-chills.  Naturally, we’re all hoping Baby Boomer Santa has the energy and night-vision needed to make all of his appointed rounds on Christmas Eve.

p.s. Just in case we actually do get too busy with Holiday To-Do to post again before Christmas, the f/k/a Gang sends best wishes for a joyous holiday — and safe travel — to all of our readers and weblogging friends, who have helped keep us on our toes and up to mischief in 2008.

Congratulations to all the winners of Dennis Kennedy’s 2008 Blawggies, including Jordan Furlong, whose often challenging and always interesting Law 21 weblog won Dennis’ award for Best New Law-Related Weblog.