Herdict Spring Internship Opening (Closed)
Update: The application process is closed. Thanks to all of those who applied!
Want to help fight Internet censorship and help promote freedom of expression online? Become a Herdict intern for this spring.
Herdict is seeking an intern for the spring semester, who is passionate about Internet freedom and eager to help this exciting project. The intern will be responsible for brainstorming blog posts with the Herdict staff, writing blog posts and tweeting about Herdict and current events relevant to the project, and coordinating with our local outreach coordinators.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
* Highly motivated individuals who are excited about furthering a free and open Internet
* Creative thinkers who can help identify relevant news issues and events
* Excellent writing skills
* At least well on the way to a bachelors degree or better
Additional Skills and Interests:
* Experience writing blog posts or other articles, particularly those that discuss legal or Internet freedom issues, for a non-legal audience
* Experience organizing volunteers
* Proficiency in Chinese, Arabic, Turkish, or Thai is a bonus, but certainly not required
* Experience with Excel is a plus
Hours and Pay:
* Commit to helping Herdict for five – ten hours per week.
* Interns are paid $11.50 an hour. No other benefits are provided.
* The intern does not have to be a student.
* The intern does not have to be affiliated with Harvard University.
* We are unable to hire interns who will conduct their work outside of the state of Massachusetts.
* We do not have the ability to provide authorization to work in the U.S.
Please email the following information to contact at herdict.org
* A cover letter indicating your interest in the position
* A current resume
* A sample of a blog post (or similar) that you’ve previously published
Please direct any questions regarding these opportunities or your applications to contact at herdict.org.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
The Herdict Team