Subscribe to Blog via Email
Follow HLS Case Studies
- My Tweets
- Meet our New Case Writers!
- Police-Community Dialogue: The Harvard Negotiation & Mediation Clinical Program Releases Innovative Resource on Facilitation
- Why and How: Using the Case Study Method in the Law Classroom
- Five Negotiation & Mediation Roleplays that can be Taught in 2-Hours or Less*
- U.S. Defense Taskforce: Simulating the Apocalypse
Top Posts & Pages
- Top Challenges for Case Study Programs
- Talking about the Elephant in the Room: How to Create a Safe Space for Online Case Discussion
- Negotiation Role Plays Available on The Case Studies Portal
- Financial Management Case Studies at Columbia Law School
- For-Profit Law Schools: Impacting the Future of Legal Education
- Case Development Initiative Blog Posts
- Case Study Program Blog Posts
- Experiential Learning and the Case Study Method
- Harvard Negotiation and Mediation Clinical Program Blog Posts
- Legal News and Debate
- Problem Solving Workshop Blog Posts
- Program on International Law and Armed Conflict Blog Posts
- Program on Negotiation
Any opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of Harvard University.
Product names, logos, brands, and other trademarks featured or referred to within this manuscript are the property of their respective trademark holders. These trademark holders are not affiliated with the author or any of the author's representatives. They do not sponsor or endorse the contents and materials discussed in this blog.
Outside images are used under a Creative Commons license, and do not suggest the licensor's endorsement or affiliation.
Comments are encouraged. Blog administrators will use their discretion to remove any inappropriate, uncivil, slanderous, or spam comments.
Email the site administrator at email@example.com
Category Archives: Case Development Initiative Blog Posts
Photo used under Creative Commons Licensing, Allen & Overy London Headquarters Leadership in Law Firms: Hidden Hierarchies Harvard Law School | The Case Studies is happy to announce a brand new case study based on the exciting research conducted by Professor … Continue reading
New Products: Driving Blind at General Motors (A) and (B) Nathan Cisneros, case writer at the HLS Case Development Initiative, shares his behind-the-scenes perspective on crafting a case based on public sources, messy chains of command, and cover-ups: EM: What … Continue reading
Nathan Cisneros, a case writer for the Case Development Initiative at Harvard Law School, sums up his job as “talking with interesting people about interesting events and then sharing what I’ve heard with interested people.” Today he shares with us … Continue reading
New Products: Sponsorship at Wilmer Cutler & Pickering (A): Yoon-Young Lee Sponsorship at Wilmer Cutler & Pickering (B): The Sponsor’s Perspective Lisa Rohrer is a seasoned case writer and the Executive Director of the Case Development Initiative at Harvard Law … Continue reading
HLS case study “Bingham McCutchen: Combinatorial Mathematics” made the news recently, as law firm Bingham McCutchen faces challenges following a series of partner departures. Citing the case study for its depiction of Bingham’s growth trajectory, the Am Law Daily reports … Continue reading
Professor Scott Westfahl ’88, the new faculty director of HLS Executive Education, has been using case studies to train better lawyers for years. Not only did Westfahl serve as Director of Professional Development for Goodwin Procter LLP and Chair of … Continue reading
Lisa Rohrer will tell you that she’s “drunk the case studies Kool-Aid.” She has been writing and teaching case studies for years, and as the newly appointed executive director of the Case Development Initiative, she’ll be overseeing the biggest source … Continue reading
HLS Professor Ashish Nanda—who founded the Case Development Initiative, a leading contributor to the Case Studies portal—was recently appointed Director of his alma mater, the Indian Institute of Management–Ahmedabad. Nanda held three appointments at Harvard Law School—Robert Braucher Professor of … Continue reading
In April, Dean Jeremy Paul of the Northeastern University School of Law and co-managing partner Alan Klinger of Stroock & Stroock & Lavan wrote for the New York Law Journal about legal curricular reform. Paul and Klinger outline seven improvements … Continue reading
by Rachel Gibson Columbia Law School launches a new course this fall, Law Firm Financial Management, co-taught by Madhav Srinivasan, Director in Finance at Paul Weiss, and Dr. Silvia Hodges, Director of Research Services at TyMetrix Legal Analytics. The course … Continue reading