Thinking about…

August 5th, 2004 by MrLuxuryFashionGuru

Yesterday I read that Dhaka has one of the world’s highest levels of air lead pollution and that city dwellers often have toxic levels of blood lead because of this.  This has definitely made me seriously consider leaving soon.

The flooding is subsiding now, slowly, so most of the places we normally go to are relatively dry now.  At the same time it’s been raining almost all day today, which also happens to be the day we went to the Botanical Gardens to take a boat ride along the river, which was VAST.  Locals told us that the water level has probably risen over ten feet from its normal level, so you see massive electrical pylons and trees emerging from what looks like the middle of the river.  We were soaked by the rain rather than by the sloshing river water that threatened to capsize the flimsy, unstable boat we were in.  An interesting experience, if not exactly very fun.

I still haven’t decided exactly what I’ll be writing about. 

The days here are beginning to blend together into a continuous sequence of grant proposals, rickshaws, dinner appointments, FTV, silk sarees and Masala chai.  It’s probably time to go home.

5 Responses to “Thinking about…”

1. S Says:

Sounds like someone is bored

2. Bob Says:

There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also.

3. Scottie Loucks Says:

Hi I love this post and it was so fabulous and I am gonna save it. One thing to say the Superb analysis this article has is greatly remarkable.Who goes that extra mile these days? Well Done 🙂 Just another suggestion you canget a Translator for your Global Readers .

4. Teresa Mertine Says:

Plainly, though, there seemed to be that common British contempt for Americans within the whole thing, which in turn isn’t completely unfounded. Rather than taking all of this as a wakeup call regarding Movie customs, these clowns decided to pout.

5. Auto Repair West Valley City Says:

Cheers for this kind of data I was checking all Google to locate it!