Counting down, continually

November 18th, 2004 by MrLuxuryFashionGuru

7 days till Thanksgiving break
2 days till The Harvard-Yale Game (is it sad that I have neither T-shirt nor ticket?)
1 day till the freeDins concert (Friday, 9pm, Leverett Dining Hall) with the Yale Dukesmen
24 hours till my Chem 17 problem set deadline
20 hours till my BS 51 midterm (yipes!)

Speaking of BS 51, I watched 7.5 lectures over past two days, and I have another 4.5 for today (as I write a lecture is playing on the side – Prof Farrell is talking about endocrine control over behavior right now).  Which in a sense is really the right pace for this class, given that it’s really just a loose summary of A-level biology.

I can’t wait for Thanksgiving.  As I’ve been telling people – at this point I’m very glad that I’m not American.  And I’m not talking about the recent election results either…  rather, I’m glad that Thanksgiving will be completely obligation-less for me.  Which means I can fully devote myself to resting, reading, going to the gym, working on schoolwork, watching netflix…  Four days is really not enough.

How did this happen?

While I was sitting in French today and thinking about the reconceptualisation of urban spaces, of interiors and Certeau’s rhetoric of walking (which hopefully I will understand by next week), I was seized by a very strong urge to visit the newly reopened MoMA in New York.  Some day soon, hopefully.

A shocking number of people already know what they’ll be doing, not just next semester, but next summer too.  Thus spurred to action, I’ve been thinking, rather unsuccessfully, about what I want to be doing next summer.  Nowhere seems particularly interesting right now.  Unfortunately, exotic locations are far too often accompanied by hardship, or at least inconvenience.  Laurel, I’m thinking of your time in Kenya, but I’m also drawing on my most recent summer in South Africa and especially Bangladesh.  I’m not sure I want to be in South Asia anytime soon (although I certainly do want to go back at some point).  It seems absurd that I’ve become just about as blas

6 Responses to “Counting down, continually”

1. My Loan Mod Story Says:

I’ve been waiting for several months to get my loan modification off the ground. It seems they take forever and I wish I had better prepared myself by reading more blogs and articles like this…I think I coulda done better.

2. Brian Urik Says:

You require a doctorate in psychology. But, to develop into board qualified, you have to have at the very least an superior practicum at a neuropsychology assessment web-site (while in your grad program you might do three practicums and an internship).
    Your internship must preferably be at the Neuropsych website as nicely. Subsequent to that, you need a two year or so fellowship in neuropsychology as definitely. So technically, you would need your bachelors and also about 5 quite a few years for a doctoral routine after which it 2 quite a few years of fellowship. You Need to have a doctorate in clinical psychology. Not a Master’s as stated in other solutions!

3. Toya Salling Says:

When contacting a consumer debt control enterprise, try out calling the creditors themselves and seeing if they’ll work with you. Essentially, all the credit score management men and women do is negotiate with them anyway to get a improved desire price and lower your obligations. You can perform it all by yourself if you happen to operate with them and now you can stay clear of paying the rate with the credit debt operations agencies. Just be sure you receive almost everything in writing if the vendors allow you to help with making bills, or smaller expenditures, etc. Superior fortune!

4. Bertram Boehmke Says:

Hi I love this comment and it was so good and I am definetly going to bookmark it. One thing to say the Indepth analysis this article has is greatly remarkable.No one goes that extra mile these days? Well Done 🙂 Just another suggestion you shouldget a Translator for your Worldwide Readers !!

5. Alex Darwin Says:

I wished to thanks for this great read!! I undoubtedly enjoyed every little little bit of it. I have bookmarked you to take a look at new stuff you submit

6. Air jordan 9 Says:

What a nice photos and paintings that I have never see before!Just a small requirement,can you post a tutorial on the HDRI?I am really have difficulty of getting any real one with this.Thank you very much in advance.