From the ashes

February 2nd, 2005 by MrLuxuryFashionGuru

Me and my wonderful ski instructor Erich Windisch on the top of Vail Mountain – 11,000 feet above sea level!  Now 86 (!) years old, he was a ski jumper on the German Olympic team in ’52, is in the Ski Hall of Fame and has a ski trail on the mountain named after him.  Pretty cool, huh?  Thanks to Jon Wise who took this shot.

On Vail Mountain (30 Jan 2005)“> 

I’m alive, back from intercession and ready to face a new semester.  Sort of.  I got back from Vail at about 7am this morning having not gotten any sleep in about 24 hours, took a two hour nap, went fifteen minutes late to a class, registered, had lunch and then went to bed for the rest of the day.  Maybe not such a great start to the semester.

Tomorrow I will shop many many classes.

Intercession was an eventful week, and a lot of fun.  I read a couple of books, saw a couple of movies, had a number of good conversations, made a couple of important decisions and took four days for skiing lessons.  The skiing was magnificent, as was the weather and the scenery.  It’s great to feel so blessed.

5 Responses to “From the ashes”

1. Travel Weather Says:

While researching for travel weather on Monday, I came across your blog and post regarding On The Move… » Blog Archive » From the ashes which looked very interesting to me. I am very impressed with your site. The quality of the design and content makes it a real winner! Thanks again for a great site and a great resource on the net.

2. fashion net Says:

One of my client forwarded your post On The Move… » Blog Archive » From the ashes to me. Truely Speaking I Don’t read Articles too Often. But Yours is a nice one.Pl. Keep posting on fashion net.

3. earn money by working at home Says:

This is a terrific Wp resource! I could hardly achieve fifty percent of the projects I do completed without Wp and all of the superb templates make looking good quite simple!

4. Arnold Brown Says:

My neighbor and I were simply debating this specific subject, he’s normally searching for to prove me incorrect. Your view on that is great and exactly how I really feel. I simply now mailed him this website online to indicate him your own view. After wanting over your website I book marked and will be coming back to learn your new posts!

5. Air Yeezy Says:

The simple language and concise page style really attract me. And your articles give out the pure soul of yours.