Onward we go

February 24th, 2005 by MrLuxuryFashionGuru

The concert was well-received and I had a great time.  My sincere appreciation goes to all the people who came and cheered and congratulated us.

It almost shocked me to realise how much of a strain the final, admittedly intense weeks of rehearsals were on people’s tempers, patience and sense of enjoyment.  I really didn’t notice it then, and I’m only just beginning to realise the scope of the fallout.  Was I really too sanguine to notice?  Or maybe I’d already adjusted my expectations appropriately in Vail.

So now it’s time to pick up the pieces and try and to haul my academics and the other aspects of my life into a decent state of optimal equilibrium.  So of course this weekend I’m leaving in the middle of my meets-once-a-week class, skipping another section entirely and heading off to New York to see Turandot at the Met.  I’m very, very excited.  I bought a guide to the opera with the full libretto (and a side-by-side translation), plus all sorts of notes and commentary.  Just can’t wait.

In the meantime, I’m very much swamped.  It’s 3.33am right now, and I’m just starting on the reading for History 1856 so I can post a discussion board comment before I go to bed.  Sigh.

This semester, I’m taking:

Social Analysis 10: Introduction to Economics (we study macroeconomics during the Spring semester, microeconomics in the Fall)
Engineering Sciences 6: Environmental Engineering (sooo easy, and satisfies Science B!)
Biological Sciences 55: Ecology (sections are too hard, but lectures are a yawn)
French 273: French Thought and Globalization (modern French philosophers in French!)
History 1856: Environmental History of East Asia (China, Korea and Japan)
Historical Study A-12: Global Conflict and Co-operation (intro to IR)

and I’m auditing History of Art & Architecture 170s: Frank Lloyd Wright and the Modern City and Suburb (this class has no work to begin with anyway)

All right, no more procrastinating.  Back to work!

6 Responses to “Onward we go”

1. japan shopping Says:

Hello, I was just reading your post; On The Move… » Blog Archive » Onward we go. I don’t know if you have seen it or any of your readers but there is a new free shopping application that makes it easy to find the best internet price on any item. I got it last Wednesday for free and it still is I am sure.

2. Eugene Woolwine Says:

hi,it was very nice reading your page,very well informative,thank you

3. Zilvinas Juraska Says:

At this time it appears like Movable Type is the top blogging platform out there right now. (from what I’ve read) Is that what you’re using on your blog?

4. Air jordan 2 Says:

Thank your for sharing the experience of you life. We are at the same place. We can figure out the way it should be by sharing.

5. Zipnadazilch Says:

Great post, thank you for this infos. Continue.

6. music marketing strategies Says:

Good grief. I heard such nonsense when a freshmen at my local technical college said “thus it was” and it was that way for him, and thus it stayed, on through adulthood, stagnating the mind and leading to ultimate despair.