Style notes, S/S 2006

January 7th, 2006 by MrLuxuryFashionGuru

I’ve gotten a couple of requests since the last time I did this, and so having (miraculously) completed my very-low self-imposed workload for the day (two pages of French), I’ve written up a couple of my random thoughts about the style and fashion outlook for men.  Enjoy.

Everyone knows that the big fashion news for Spring/Summer 2006 is that black is back.  But no one’s quite ready for a return to early 90s austerity, so darker shades will be contrasted with livelier accents, like how Hedi Slimane sent Dior Homme models down the runway in all-black ensembles with electric-hued ties and razor-thin suspenders (which I think are just impractical enough to be incredibly fashionable and infinitely desirable).  Personally it seems really quite obvious and intuitive that having been introduced to vibrant colors, men are not quite ready to abandon the freedom to wear lime green and light pink.  Putting their bets on more serious colors are designers like Miuccia Prada, Christopher Bailey for Burberry Prorsum, and even the traditionally color-fabulous Dolce and Gabbana.  But my favorite designers are those who are bucking the somber trend, which seems particularly sensible since the Spring/Summer is typically characterized by lighter, brighter clothes anyway.  Menswear highlights include Tomas Mier’s energetic work for Bottega Venetta, the ever-reliable house of Missoni, and even V

24 Responses to “Style notes, S/S 2006”

1. veruca (cos v-nicks are totally chic too) Says:

i am interested to hear about the 3-month cooling period!

2. Short Hair Cut Style Says:

Hello Conceptually this article (Style notes, S/S 2006) is sound and I agree whole heartedly. I personally think it relates to Short Hair Cut Style as well, IMHO.

3. Natassia Malthe Says:

Hello webmaster…Man i just love your blog, keep the cool posts about Style notes, S/S 2006 comin..holy Thursday .

4. Custom Clothing Labels Says:

I love those big labels too…

5. Natassia Malthe Says:

Hey!…I found your site via Yahoo! when i was searching for natassia malthe height, and this post regarding Style notes, S/S 2006 really sounds very interesting to me.. Thanks.

6. Reatha Henrickson Says:

How do you get all these people to come back to your site? Seems like you are giving away prizes that seems to attract people.We like reading people’s sites; however will only spend a lot of time on the sites that are valuable.

7. panasonic electric shaver Says:

yummmy:P thx for ur share i’d love to follow you.

8. snmaster.idx Says:

having interest in it, but I can¡¯t find the download address, who can tell me£¿

9. Sade Lawerence Says:

Hiya, I had been reading a lot more point about this on 1 web site. Interesting. Your perspective on it’s diametrically contradicted from what I go through earlier. I’m nevertheless pondering in the opposite items of view, but I’m leaning to a actually extremely extent toward yours. And irrespective, that is what’s so perfect about modern day democracy and also the marketplace of ideas on the net.

10. shopping market place Says:

Hello, I was just reading your post; On The Move… » Blog Archive » Style notes, S/S 2006. I don’t know if you have seen it or any of your readers but there is a new free shopping application that makes it easy to find the best internet price on any item. I got it last Wednesday for free and it still is I am sure.

11. pink clothing Says:

I just Googled for pink clothing and Got your Page.Your Post On The Move… » Blog Archive » Style notes, S/S 2006 is really Nice.Pl. keep posting on pink clothing

12. Damien Catalano Says:

we are going to see, he also stated he’d shut detention establishments at gitmo inside a yr..
    .

13. PSP 3000 console Says:

I am speechless. This is a great blog and very engaging too. Excellent work! That’s not really much coming from an amateur blogger like me, but it’s all I could say after diving into your posts. Great grammar and vocabulary. Not like other blogs. You really know what you’re talking about too. So much that you made me want to read more. Your blog has become a stepping stone for me, my fellow blogger. Thank you for the articulate journey. I really enjoyed the 27 posts that I have read so far.

14. facesitting Says:

I am speechless. This is a fantastic blog and very engaging too. Great work! That’s not really much coming from an amateur publisher like me, but it’s all I could say after viewing your posts. Great grammar and vocabulary. Not like other blogs. You really know what you’re talking about too. So much that you made me want to explore more. Your blog has become a stepping stone for me, my fellow blogger. Thank you for the articulate journey. I really enjoyed the 27 posts that I have read so far.

15. Gordon Mak Says:

maybe you’re correct, thanks

16. dfgfgf Says:

Thank you for making the honest effort to talk about this. I believe very sturdy approximately it and want to learn more. If it’s OK, as you acquire more extensive wisdom, might you thoughts including extra articles similar to this one with more information? It might be extremely helpful and useful for me and my friends.

17. hair style 2011 Says:

Really liked your theme,Did he did you yourself?

18. Aflam maroc Says:

Thank you for making the honest effort to talk about this.

19. aljazeera sport live Says:

Thank you

nice blog

20. Darius Trepagnier Says:

50. Thank you, I’ve recently been searching for information about this topic for a long time and yours is the best I have discovered till now. However, what concerning the conclusion? Are you sure concerning the source?

21. tworzenie stron internetowych cennik Says:

I was everywhere but here I have found what I was looking for.I’m Glad to be here. Thanks and Regards

22. Aaron Says:

Very useful blog. It was very interesting. Thank you for your effort.

23. Scuba equipment prices Says:

Self contained under the sea inhaling piece of equipment also known since scuba and also the products applied made a great progress method since Jacques Cousteau and his …great scuba gear

24. Latterkursus lær at grine Says:

Undoubtedly my mind drifted back to the famous words, “Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean..”.