Thwarted plans…

February 17th, 2006 by MrLuxuryFashionGuru

Such is the theme of the day.  Last night, just as I was ready to head to the gym to walk on the treadmill and read some Hawthorne, FTV started screening the Paris FW06 Menswear shows, so of course I was forced to stay.

In the end, while I did make it to the gym, I did not finish the greater part of the book as I had planned and in fact fell far short.

This morning, I woke up very sadly having missed section(s), which was particularly aggravating because they were a) both at the same time due to a temporary academic scheduling conflict and b) not at all early in the day.  I felt so remorseful and shamed that I’ve spent a couple of hours reading Hawthorne with decidedly more diligence (I’m now but a hundred pages short of the end) and I will shortly shift my attention to the readings for Ec 1661.

Which reminds me, my classes for the semester are as follows:

ESPP 90e: Conservation BiologyAn ESPP junior seminar with just four students and I’m the only ESPP concentrator!
Ec 1661: Environmental and Resource Economics and PolicyAnother concentration requirement that nearly everyone I know in ESPP is taking because it’s not being offered next year. It’s also a cross-listed class taught at the Kennedy School, which is exciting.
Lit-Arts A-57: Bilingual Arts
A literature and arts core class taught by two professors, one of whom is Eileen Chow – I audited her “Screening Modern China” film class two years ago, and she still mistakenly thinks my name is “Steven”.
Hist-Std B-41: Inventing New England
The only historical studies ‘B’ core that I’m interested in.  Even the students and TFs for the class are a fascinating crowd to study.
Eng 167p: Postcolonial NarrativesAn English departmental course that satisfies another literature and arts core requirement.  I’m surprised by how much I’m enthralled by the stuff we’re reading, since I was never particularly attracted to “minor literatures” from Africa, the Caribbean or South Asia.  Excellent professor, herself a graduate of the college.

I can only pray that I will have as lovely (or better) an academic experience as I had last semester.

9 Responses to “Thwarted plans…”

1. Pamela Gherardini Says:

Thanks so much for posting all of the excellent information! Looking forward to seeintg more posts.

2. sports supplements info Says:

Pharma Whey: superior taste, I brought the Choc MInt and what a delight. Never tasted anything as nice. Previously had mamooth and metRX supreme whey but this PHD pharma Whey is better tasting in every way. The product mixes well in manually or in a blender not bits. It is a bit frothy but it goes down after a minute or two. Its only my second day on this product and will let you know how good it works

3. Ian fergusopn Says:

Really like your web site! Undoubtedly a valuable provider of knowledge that’s extremely helpful. Carry on and that i’m gonna keep reading. Cheers.

4. dog allergy remedy Says:

Yes, it is extremely simple to use anything at all on my site. a web site link to my internet internet site can be appreciated.

5. Stanley Hegan Says:

If this were the case, wouldn’t we observe it studied more in the cable news networks? We commonly only get these kinds of stories on stuff like this.

6. fake chanel purses Says:

A LV bag to suit you is out there somewhere. You just have to look around in the right places to find it. Just make sure you do not pay good money for replicas or fakes though! My friend recently paid over $500 for a replica Monogram Alma and almost cried her heart out.

7. chanel wallets Says:

At 15 by 10 inches, it is perfect for all her office documents and diary. Her colleagues just could not take their eyes off this gorgeous carry-all! While she has declared the Manhattan GM to be her favourite to date, she is not about to lay her hands off other LV bags! She is now eyeing the candy- coloured Lodge GM for a change!

8. chanel handbags replica Says:

Tell me about the classic monogram design and my wife’s eyes sparkle! She got a smashingly stylish Manhattan GM for her birthday and she simply adores it! It is made of canvas with natural cowhide trim, chunky gold metal hardware and buckled leather strap to complete the look.

9. knock off louis vuitton Says:

Having an extensive variety of designs and sizes is a winning formula for Louis Vuitton. From the white Murakami to the Monogram Denim collection or red Cherry design, from the small Pouchette to the larger white Keepall 45 that is perfect for a carry all or an overnight bag, you name it and there is one LV to fit the occasion.