Yesterday, today, tomorrow

April 17th, 2006 by MrLuxuryFashionGuru

Last week was a blur of activity, what with hosting four prefrosh (new admits), which as Asya pointed out, is really a full-time commitment (even though Dave kept insisting I wouldn’t have to babysit).  While I’ve cleared the resulting sleep debt, the work debt is really escalating to crisis point very rapidly.

Friday night was Southeast Asia Night, which was a surprisingly well-attended and fun event.  We got to hang out, see many of the Singaporean upperclassmen together (for once) and eat yummy food including Vietnamese spring rolls, Thai iced tea and kueh lapis fedex-ed directly from Indonesia by the resident billionaire’s son.  On Saturday we rented a lovely big car and made the drive down to Brown University in Providence, RI for the Singapore Lecture Series which was… just about exactly what I’d expected.  There was good food, fairly interesting speakers (but rather desultory content) and a beautiful campus.  It was a nice chance to take a nice drive and rigorously discuss subjects I’ve been thinking about recently with Darryl, Mel, Shirley and others (as much as a conversation can be rigorous).  Maybe at some point I’ll type up and post a few of my musings about Singapore, which largely represent a perspective I’ve only heard vague echoes of elsewhere despite straining to find similarly inclined individuals.

Sunday was Easter.  Happy Easter! (And because I’ve had mortifying encounters with this, Happy Passover!)  I finally did laundry (so many “missing” items of clothing turned out to have been in my overstuffed hamper), read some Al Young and some Rushdie and made it to the gym.  Overall a good, fairly productive-feeling day.

To return to an old theme, the dining hall here really has a way of thwarting any diet moderation plans I have.  Recently they’ve been serving up unbelievably tempting delights like grilled asparagus spears, chicken and green pepper soup, coconut rice and wasabi peas (which have suddenly become a staple at the garnish counter along with sesame crackers and sunflower seeds).  *fake grumble*  I love my dining hall.

And right now, instead of working urgently on my final research paper for my junior seminar (due tomorrow!), I’m needlessly binging on… wasabi peas (again!), spicy popcorn (from Madagascar; they’re almost more potent than the peas), dark Valrhona chocolate (I still prefer the smoothness of Scharffen Berger) and an entire pound of fancy (and super-fattening) confectionery from Pastiche, an extremely highly-rated confectionery and caf

13 Responses to “Yesterday, today, tomorrow”

1. shopping clothing Says:

I just Googled for shopping clothing and Got your Page.Your Post On The Move… » Blog Archive » Yesterday, today, tomorrow is really Nice.Pl. keep posting on shopping clothing

2. dirt bike game Says:

hi, useful information very thanks.

3. Calandra Millay Says:

I think that this girl made some really good points and I look forward to reading more in the near future

4. propecia Says:

Yes, I like this site, always something usefull, propecia

5. köpa Priligy receptfritt Says:

I searched in Google for upperclassmen and I found your blog 🙂 Great blog, Respect!

6. Ian Green Says:

I’m still studying from you, but I’m enhancing myself. I definitely love reading everything that’s written in your blog.Keep the tales coming. I cherished it!

7. Hayden Podlas Says:

This is often a truly great read for me, Must admit that you’re one of the very best bloggers I ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article.

8. review tweetattacks Says:

hsbwiydb idiefd

9. hair salons in scottsdale Says:

That is my first time i go publish. I compiled so many intriguing points in your site in particular its discussion. From the tons of feedback on your posts, I guess I am not the only one getting all the satisfaction here! hold up the great do the job.Regards The guest may not find something on the registry that caters to which time of the day.

10. Freeman Norris Says:

Despite the polished piece, I am still not moved. I guess we still require even more well-reasoned posts.

11. criminal defense lawyer Says:

Amazing that information is actually incredible it really helped me along with our kids, appreciate it!

12. Mandi Laycox Says:

I really am loving your site I observed it via msn this morning.

13. Mabel Heggan Says:

Good website! I really love how it is simple on my eyes and the data are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified when a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your feed which must do the trick! Have a nice day!