One month in…

July 9th, 2006 by MrLuxuryFashionGuru

Today is the one month mark on the Dins’ World Tour.

While we were chatting late one Monday night at the really wonderful Taj Mahal club in Athens, I pointed out to Evan that our conversations with people we meet must sound so horribly obnoxious, since they all go along the lines of: “And then when we were chauffered to the castle in Belgium we were taken to the all-night party in Luxembourg by the Swiss It girls who drove us to a fabulous free, five-star meal at the museum where there was a private party hosted by the ambassador in the nightclub by the pool at the summer villa with the huge Warhol canvasses…”  and we can keep going like this for several hours.

It’s been pretty amazing, truly.  I should load pictures!  🙂

But for those people who would prefer to hear about how the trip isn’t perfect, you may like to know that when I got off the plane in Prague this afternoon I was quickly alerted by other Dins to the fact that my almost-new Samsonite luggage had been violently smashed in transit, probably somewhere between our layover in Munich and our arrival.  And this after I was somehow mistakenly left behind at our residence in Rome and had to make my own way to the airport.  On the upside, it seems possible that Lufthansa will make good on the damage with either free repairs or a replacement bag, although I wish my luggage (which I bought at Selfridges in London last summer!) could have made it through Tour unscathed.  Right now it’s entirely missing a wheel structure (making the other wheel fairly useless), and has serious looking rips up the side.  I’m not terribly hopeful that it can be repaired economically.

Ok, time to go do other things now, like try and make some progress on the first and shamefully still first book I’m reading for the summer, as well as maybe watch the DVD Ming gave me just before tour started.

Ciao!

PS:  Seriously, anyone who wants postcards should email me their mailing address.  My email is on this blog under “contact details” on the sidebar.  I’ve already posted possibly two to three dozen postacards so don’t feel like it would be any kind of bother for me – I love sending them!  🙂

12 Responses to “One month in…”

1. Adee Kaye Watches Says:

While searching for swiss watch, your post regarding On The Move… » Blog Archive » One month in… caught my eye. I found it very interesting. I just wanted to tell you that your site is really awesome and has fantastic content. I will be returning.

2. Adee Kaye Watches Says:

I found your blog on Tuesday via Google while searching for swiss watch and your post regarding On The Move… » Blog Archive » One month in… seemed interesting. I have a few websites of my own and I must say that your site is really top notch. Keep up the great work on a really high class resource.

3. fashion star Says:

One of my client forwarded your post On The Move… » Blog Archive » One month in… to me. Truely Speaking I Don’t read Articles too Often. But Yours is a nice one.Pl. Keep posting on fashion star.

4. native american style flutes Says:

Please tell me about your trip!

5. Almeda Thang Says:

Man I love this comment and it is so fabulous and I am definetly going to bookmark it. I Have to say the Indepth analysis you have done is greatly remarkable.No one goes that extra mile these days? Well Done 🙂 Just another tip you canget a Translator for your Global Audience …

6. Bart Housner Says:

Best free rewards

7. Twyla Mahapatra Says:

Hi I just dropped by and wanted to say you to have a Merry Christmas. Let all your wishes make come true for you and your family and lets hope the next year be prosperous for all us.

8. jordan 16 shoes Says:

The new post of your blog is defintely stunning!I enjoys your blog quite a lot and at the same time, gain great benificial from that.They really remarkable.Come one and take care!

9. Canadian Passport Renewal Says:

I think you have noted some very interesting points , thanks for the post.

10. Un Grams Says:

Have you ever considered adding more videos to your blog posts to keep the readers more entertained? I mean I simply just read via the whole article of yours and also it was quite great but since I’m more of a visual learner,I found that to be more helpful well let me know how it turns out! I love what you guys are continually up too. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the fantastic works guys I’ve additional you guys to my blogroll. That is a superb article thanks for sharing that informative information.. I will certainly visit your blog often for several latest post.

11. Kenny Says:

During a recent PASSWORD AUDIT by my bank, they found that I was using the following password:

MickeyMinniePlutoHueyLouieDeweyDonaldGoofyDublin

When they asked me why I had such a long password

I replied
    ”Are you bloomin’ stupid? I was told that my password had to
    be at least 8 characters long and include one capital”

12. Ugg sale online Says:

Aw, it’s happen to be a a bit fine publish. From notion feasible I must take note of that way additionally Three or more . slacking to help time and effort so that you can earn an attractive article?- but yet what things will any of us say?- Me decide to put elements at present and so are its not all which are to be used.