Life With a Cat Named Kick Me

October 24, 2006

First thing’s first…

Filed under: R & P Program — louisalawharvardedu @ 11:35 pm

I’m not a student at the Law school.  I go to the Ed. school.  I’m working on my master’s in risk and prevention.  I hate it.  Kind of.  I like most of my courses and my professors—it’s the core course for the risk and prevention program that I can’t stand.  It’s sad.  It’s why I came here–to learn about risk, resilience, and protective factors for youth.  I didn’t come to learn about HIV prevention in gay men of color (not that I have anything against gay men of color—they just don’t interest me, either).  So, why are we learning about gay men of color?  Good question.  That’s where the professor’s interests lie, and so, as anyone in graduate school could probably tell you, that’s what we’re learning about—even though it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the theme of the course.  My TF set up a meeting with me for Thursday morning; I think she’s going to praise rebuke me for my outspoken criticism of the class and the professor.  Maybe if she does I can hire a cute law student to defend my first amendment to free speech.  A girl can dream, can’t she?  Anyway, as it stands now, if you’re interested in the Risk and Prevention program at HGSE, don’t do it, just don’t.  Unless they get a professor to teach the core course who actually cares about Risk and Prevention (outside of the gay men of color realm, that is). 

1. Hi, this is a comment.
    To delete a comment, just log in, and view the posts’ comments, there you will have the option to edit or delete them.

Comment by Mr WordPress — October 24, 2006 @ 11:35 pm