Meet Father Albert

Monseigneur Richard Albert, to whom Anders Jones introduced me in Jamaica, came to Boston for a visit. Three of my students and i took the opportunity to learn from him some of what he has learned in his thirty years of service in Jamaica. He’s a cigar chomping whiskey drining priest originally from Brooklyn New York. He talks with my students, and with Cambridge Mayor Ken Reeves, who declares himself to be the first openly gay black mayor of any American city, about religion and dons and homophbia.

2 Responses to “Meet Father Albert”

• Good Morning,

My name is Ed Karlson and I was in the minor seminary with Father Richard. I saw a piece they did years ago on 60 Minutes about the work he was doing in Jamaica. I almost dropped my plate. I never thought I would see him again, especially on television. He used to mercilessy kid me about my accent since I am from New England. I also hardly believe all this time has past. The last time I saw him was 1965. If you see this Richy, drop me a line. It would be great hearing from you. And congratulations on all your good work in Jamaica.

Ed Karlson

• he is still alive and well and now owns a charity. he is alive and well!!!!!!!!

Comments are currently closed.