Outlook Reminders to Text Messages

1

Microsoft Outlook.  Like it or hate it, Outlook is the powerhouse of daily business routine.  Admittedly, I’ve not been using Outlook for email much lately, and have instead opted to forward all messages directly to Gmail.

There are two reasons that I still use Outlook.  The first is that I simply like the idea of keeping a local copy of my messages.  The second, larger reason is my grand reliance on Outlook Calendar.  My entire schedule is in it, including everything from to classes, meetings, and appointments, to birthdays and anniversaries.

I was thinking the other day: wouldn’t it be nice if Outlook would automatically send me text messages on my phone throughout the day reminding me of where I’m supposed to go next?   As it turns out, I’m not the only one out there who has had this craving.

Blue Lakes Technology, sponsored by Lockergnome, developed “Reminder Forwarding” – the perfect Plug-In to counter my forgetfulness.  The program is free, and places itself conveniently in Outlook.  Setup is simple, then just select your cell provider, and enter your number. 

The only downside I can see to this is that Outlook must be running for the messages to be sent.  It works great for me, since my desktop is running Outlook all the time.  But if you don’t plan on leaving Outlook turned on, don’t rely on this too much.

Download the Plug-In at www.BlueLakesTechnology.com

1. Blake Handler

October 15, 2005 @ 7:18 pm

1

OK I love the idea — but I’m feeling a but lame. . .I’ve read their website — how does this work? Is it an Outlook conduit?

Blake Handler
    bhandler@comcast.net
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/bhandler/