Top 5 Stanford Social Entrepreneurship Opinions

4

I was excited to hear the news last week that “Open Source Altruism,” a piece I ran in Stanford Social Innovation Review on November 2, 2009 was named SSIR’s second-most highly trafficked blog post of 2009, in under two months online!  Thanks to Andrew Hapke at Yale for forwarding the news, and to BRUTE Labs for the Facebook referrals. After last week’s Harvard Business School conference on Africa, and this week’s Columbia University SIPA conference on policy making in a digital world, I have put pen to paper on “Mobile Subscriber Growth in Africa” for the Harvard Internet & Democracy Project, and tried to cohere learning from the two venues in my new SSIR piece entitled, “Mobile: Increasingly On Call.”

previous:
Relative Social Values of Social Media
next:
Kiva.org Working Paper Release

1. Art Bishop

April 17, 2010 @ 3:27 am

1

Personally, for cell phones, I’d ideally want something that is pragmatic and recreational: I want to be able to take calls and meet buddies at Philadelphia Park, for example, and then call my wife and let her know that I’ll be home after a game of touch football. The nuanced I-Phone of 2010 does this easily!

2. Debra Rosenthal

April 28, 2010 @ 4:31 pm

2

Hi Scott. I’d be very interested to share info with you about a web-based system that Sustainable Harvest Coffee Importers is piloting in Tanzania, to revolutionize the way global trade partners share data. We’re looking for ways to initiate more pilot projects, and it would be great to hear what ideas you may have for how to make inroads in other coffee-producing regions around the world. Reach me at Debra at Sustainable Harvest dot com if you’d be interested in exchanging ideas. Thanks!

3. Editor

June 12, 2010 @ 3:53 pm

3

That’s a great news. I look forward to seeing it soon.

4. Russell Pike

March 4, 2011 @ 8:59 am

4

hey scott,
    it would be very great to get more information from you on this topic. All the information you provided is very useful.i would be very thankful to you, if you can provide more information on Open Source Altruism. I m looking forward it.
    thanks,