I’ll Never Learn My Lesson

Okay, I’m already pissed off about the gay marriage debate in Massachusetts today, but then I created a blog post and lost it…again! This is the second time in 3 days! Ugh. Well, I’m going to try and remember what I originally wrote (likely with half the wit).

Ok -that was my pitiful dinner tonight. Blame Matt. I came home ready to cook a nice home-cooked meal. I offered any of the items in the fridge: grilled chicken with spinach, turkey, kielbasa. Does he want any of those? No. He wants the un-used appetizers that we didn’t eat during our housewarming party last month.

And then he has the balls to chuckle at the meal and say that it reminds him of the types of meals prepared in the movie “Mermaids”. In that film, Cher plays a slut-mom who only feeds her children finger foods. You can’t win.

And speaking of not winning, I’m completely pissed off that our asshole Massachusetts legislature this evening gave preliminary approval for a ban on gay marriage, even though the supreme court ruled that gay marriages must start taking place on May 17th. The good thing is that the constitutional amendment the legislature is proposing (which barely won today, by the way) will have to go through another round of votes in the next session in 2005 before it could even make it to the Massachusetts voters in November 2006. To top it all off, our even bigger asshole governor, Mitt Romney…within MINUTES of today’s decision….said that he’s going to ask the supreme court to delay the issuance of marriage licenses until November 2006 because he feels it will confuse people.

So, on that note, I’m posting a picture of Matt and me from two weekends ago. This photo makes it obvious how much of a threat gay marriage would be. I mean, look how evil and menacing we are! It’s abundantly clear that our union will destroy all of society. Assholes.

Karl and Matt at Bill and Dan's 2:

1. Comment by matt on March 30, 2004 4:24 pm

I loved Cher’s meals in Mermaids! I meant no insult! Aren’t we cute? We would make a precious married couple — in fact, we really already are one no matter what any asswipe government or “religion” wants to think — we are married in the eyes of God. No matter what. However, and on a more important note, are my teeth that fucking yellow! Oh my God. I am going into “Brite Smile” this Saturday and getting zapped. I don’t care if it hurts — I don’t wanna have yellow teeth! Are they really that color or is it the picture/lighting???? ugh.

2. Comment by Karl on March 30, 2004 4:35 pm

It’s all in the lighting, BabyHed.

3. Comment by matt on March 30, 2004 4:39 pm

Am not so sure — will feel better if others who know and see me agree! Otherwise, we’re going to BRITE SMILE this Saturday!!!!!

4. Comment by matt on March 30, 2004 4:57 pm

Just wrote about you on my blog. …but I got confused and thought you had erased my comments. …I was in the wrong post. hee hee. Anyway, I have tried to join your little gas community, but was informed that I am already a member — yet my normal password didn’t work. I get gassy too — I should be allowed to join!

5. Comment by Jay on March 31, 2004 1:53 pm

I’m going to use this pic the next time I need to frighten someone with unspeakable horror and evil. You must be stopped from being so cute and charming!

6. Comment by Salina on March 31, 2004 7:17 pm

Aww….what an adorable couple. You should use this as the christmas card this year! 🙂 he he