The Real Reason for the Downfall of Society

Okay – I decided to post my rant anyway. Don’t hate me.

I

1. Comment by Jay on April 28, 2004 1:59 pm

Here, here! I agree. The church sticks its nose in far too many places, and you’re right about team sports/games. You never see riots after track meets or speed skating.

2. Comment by Scott on April 28, 2004 3:06 pm

Right on.

3. Comment by Underling on April 28, 2004 6:31 pm

Okay, Karl. Now I’m love with you and your boyfriend both!

I’ve always thought that both of these institutions highlight everything that is wrong with modern society. And Janeane Garafalo agrees with us!

4. Comment by matt on April 28, 2004 7:59 pm

Go get ’em, baby! I think that organized religion has always led us to bad places from a social and civil rights perspective. However, I do think that everyone has the right to have an opinion and to fight to be heard. Now, I do think the Catholic church is bullying its followers. And I get so pissed off that the same church that actually allowed children to be molested has the gaul to tell me that I am a perversion of God and will ruin the world by havin the right to marry the person I love. I feel a true religion preaches love, acceptance and understanding. Sadly, the separation of church and state has never really happened. I mean, God is mentioned in our constitution. In the end we will win this battle. We just need to continue to speak up and support out sisters and brothers. By the way, I am the one who made Karl watch a person have a sock puppet pray …and I am really sorry. By the way, I fucking love Janeane Garafalo and Margaret Cho — two of the most intelligent women I know of!

5. Comment by Jen on April 28, 2004 9:32 pm

*sigh*

I don’t agree with you on the Catholic thing. “Newsworthy” is not the same as wielding political power.

But I still like you, kid. Even when you badmouth my religion.

6. Comment by Doug on April 28, 2004 11:37 pm

But the YANKEES DO SUCK!!!

7. Comment by Pesho on September 1, 2005 9:56 pm

Good blog

8. Comment by Cat Kitten Magazine on September 9, 2005 5:15 am

Cat Stuffed

9. Comment by Farming Supply on September 12, 2005 8:43 am

Farming Pig

10. Comment by Luke on February 7, 2008 6:23 pm

I’m with you, religion has for a ong time been the driving force behind society and national opinion, however, what passes the over-religious by is that they lack an openmindedness to other options, devout catholics, extremist muslims, etc. Religion is like the nosey kid that stir up the arguements by piecing together fragments of information in an incoherent manner and expecting us to believe it.

11. Comment by Alan on May 28, 2008 8:23 am

Top post. Here in the UK organised religion tends to get a good kicking anyway, but team sports are sacrosanct, everyone follows some kind of football or cricket or rugby team and it’s destroying our society from the inside. Why can’t we just climb trees or throw stones into rivers. Better than Manchester United vs Chelsea vs Arsenal vs Liverpool.