Maid Service – I’m Getting Used to This!

When Matt’s brother moved up to Boston (from Texas) back in January his rent for staying with us was to clean the apartment. This entailed cleaning the dishes daily, cleaning the bathrooms and floors weekly, and doing laundry (as needed). It was quite a nice luxury. Although, it was more of a luxury for Matt since I was still doing the cooking, Roy was doing the cleaning, and Matt would sit on the couch.

Well, Matt’s brother moved out in April so our maid service had ended. We thought things would be fine until a week later when Matt brought Dusty home. Although she acts like a Swiffer and pickes up nearly all of the dust bunnies (and presumably eats them because they’re nowhere to be found), she still manages to smudge the floor. As delicate as she likes to think she is, she makes an enormous mess when drinking water and then, with all of her facial hair saturated, she runs throughout the condo sniffing the floor. This eventually dries and looks nasty. I won’t even go into detail explaining that she’s not yet paper trained.

So, instead of Matt starting to join the cleaning process again – he’s HIRED his brother to be our maid. We now have weekly maid service…again. I’m not complaining – it’s rather nice. But I think it’s making me lazy. For example, Roy comes on Thursday nights to clean and do laundry. Wednesday night I realized the shirt I wanted to wear on Thursday was in the hamper. Instead of washing it, I wore a different shirt that I’m not so fond of and explained to people that “I wanted to wear a different shirt, but our maid hasn’t done the laundry yet.”

What’s become of me?

The sad news is that Roy is already thinking of moving to New York City in the next three months. This will mean we’ll have to start cleaning again. But if we get another maid, I think we should go with a houseboy…in a tank top and short shorts….kind of like Agador Spartacus (Hank Azaria) in The Birdcage. Come to think of it, maybe we should make that Roy’s uniform now?

OH! And check out my Yahoo Photo Gallery!. I’ve updated it with pictures. Just follow this link (there is now a permanent link on the red banner to the right for future access):

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/snarl71

1. Comment by matt on April 30, 2004 10:53 am

And, plus — If I didn’t hire Roy to clean our place, I don’t think I would ever see the kid! when and if he does move to the Big Apple, I am callin’ Merry Maids, Baby!

2. Comment by Scott on April 30, 2004 3:15 pm

Hey, good pictures! But personally, I’m looking for the one called “Karl in nothing but his boxers and white socks.” Now that would be yummy.

3. Comment by Salina on May 3, 2004 3:46 pm

Awesome Pictures! Thanks for sharing so much of your life with us!