Meteorological Murder

Drip….Drip….

Do you hear that sound? That’s the sounds of perspiration puddling around me. When I woke up this morning and watched the news, I did what I always do and checked two different stations (CBS on Channel 4 and Fox on Channel 25, for those who care). Both stations indicated that the coast would remain dry and in the low-to-mid 60’s because of a sea breeze today. So, I put away the shorts I planned on wearing to work and wore pants and a button down shirt instead.

Then, I stepped outside and immediately started sweating. By the time I got to the train (which is only a block away, I might add) I was dripping with sweat. It’ so embarrassing. Worse yet, there were little flyers on all of the seats advising passengers to be attentive to suspicious behavior (terrorism). I managed to possess two of the terrorist indicators: a large book or duffle bag (mine contained CD’s, a magazine, some fruit and a bottle of water) and excessive sweating or nervousness. So, here I am on the train reading about what a a terrorist looks like…and apparently, I fit the description to a T (ironically, Boston’s train system is called the T).

Anyway, I blame the meteorologists. In fact…I suspect meteorologists will be the next target of terrorism.

1 Comment(s)

1. Comment by matt on May 20, 2004 8:04 pm

poor baby, if you would marry me you would be able to handle the heat of summer better — and people won’t think you’re a terrorist. …because you’ll be married to a gorgeous man, me!