The Biggest News Item….EVER!!!!

Matt and I were watching television last night and a special news bulletin popped on as “Breaking News”. Apparently, a moose was found roaming the streets of Wellesley and Natick (two suburbs of Boston).

This is news? Even worse, I was watching NATIONAL news this morning (CBS Morning News) and even they did a little piece about it (with “amazing” video footage of a bored moose standing on grass near the woods).

People, it’s a moose. This isn’t the first time this has happened. In fact, I recall a similar reaction a few years ago when a moose was found in the actual city of Boston (in the Brighton neighborhood). Even still, it’s not as if this moose was discovered by security guards riding an elevator up to the 60th floor of the Hancock Tower. That would be news. No, it was roaming a woodsy residential area west of Boston. How shocking. It’s not as if there aren’t signs posted in Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont that warn of moose (mooses? meese?).

On a lighter note, I paid my annual life insurance premium today…so if I rent a car and get killed because I drove into a moose in the street (apparently, moose are a force to be reckoned with), at least I’ll be covered.

1. Comment by Doug on June 30, 2004 12:27 pm

My uncle in NH was in an accident with a moose! He was driving that HUGE Ford Pickup truck (I think the 150??) and it was TOTALED by the moose! He and his buddy were hospitalized with injuries…so yeah they are a force to be reckoned with….

2. Comment by Erica on June 30, 2004 1:32 pm

I get so angry that they manufacture this sort of crap faux-news but there simply isn’t time, or whatever they like to claim, to talk about the real news all around. grr.

3. Comment by matt on June 30, 2004 10:03 pm

Watch out! Moose on the loose!

4. Comment by Underling on July 1, 2004 10:41 am

Well, It’s just a matter of routine here in Oklahoma to have news items about cows loose, or other livestock…althought that’s generally when they’ve escaped from a truck and are wandering around on the interstate.

Aren’t you constantly amazed at what passes for news at both the local and national level.?

5. Comment by Richard on July 8, 2005 2:00 pm

soma http://www.bestrxpills.com

6. Comment by Mery on July 23, 2005 12:24 am

The text was good, but i stil cant find the play ipdates. looking for it dude.

7. Comment by Peter Jackson on July 23, 2005 7:13 pm

A heap of wheat, says the Song of Songs
    but I’ve never seen wheat in a pile 🙂
    did you like it?

8. Comment by Richard Davis on July 24, 2005 8:44 pm

Nice one, but what about der weg ? anywya, congrats from me.