Super Freak. She’s Super Freaky…yeow!

I’m a freak. The meteorologists last night and this morning indicated unseasonably cool weather (autumn-like, they said) with rain tapering to drizzle. I decided not to wear shorts to the office for the first time all summer…nor a t-shirt…not even sneakers! I was going to go to work all professional-like!

So, I threw on my favorite 501’s*, slipped on some black boots, and even wore a thin, long-sleeve button-down shirt. Man, I was stylin’.

I am now at the office at 9:00 a.m. dripping in sweat. I can’t blame the meteorologists because their prediction was correct (for once). It is only 61 degrees outside, there’s no sun and the humidity and dew points are low. I’m just a freak – there’s no reason I should find 61 degrees to unbearably hot.

I guess I should have known better since the Boston area had the coldest winter in over 100 years and Matt and I didn’t turn the heat on once. Even more odd, we started testing the central-air conditioning in February…and began using it full-time starting in March (while it was still snowing).

*Levi’s jeans are about as professional as I get…I don’t even own a suit (I would wear one of Matt’s old ones if I needed to).I haven’t tied a tie in years (and most likely forgot how). Khaki’s you say? Nope – don’t own any. Belts? I wear Matt’s if I need to.

1. Comment by Chad on August 5, 2004 10:54 am

and here I am not having ever worn a pair of jeans until I was in my 20’s!

2. Comment by thomas on August 5, 2004 11:20 am

isn’t it nice to have a boyfriend with a wardrobe?

3. Comment by Karl on August 5, 2004 11:24 am

Chad – I hated jeans myself in high school (after having been traumatized for wearing ToughSkins in 2nd grade).

Thomas – it is definitely nice having a boyfriend with a wardrobe…but there are even better things about Matt than his wardrobe.

4. Comment by Karl on August 5, 2004 11:24 am

5. Comment by Karl on August 5, 2004 11:25 am

I felt that comment was so important that I posted it twice!

…actually, I hit “submit” twice accidentally. ooops

6. Comment by David on August 5, 2004 1:41 pm

Jeez, You Freak:), you are going to give him a swelled head!!
    I wish he would were jeans more!! Anyway, you look cool in what you wear.

7. Comment by chrispy on August 5, 2004 2:22 pm

this guy doesnt own a wallet for chrissakes! you cant realistically expect him to wear a belt, much less a tie or shoes!

8. Comment by Will on August 5, 2004 2:47 pm

I think one of the reasons I got into the arts instead of business is because the prospect of having to maintain a wardrobe of suits and actually WEAR THEM on a daily basis completely horrified me. My taste in clothes and how to wear them might be called unconventioinal but I am SO happy!

9. Comment by matt on August 5, 2004 9:31 pm

I was sweating this morning too. …but I was in business casual attire.

10. Comment by Michael C. on August 6, 2004 7:34 am

Air conditioning in March? No heat all winter? And I thought I was always hot! You are a freak…

Michael 🙂

11. Comment by Erica on August 6, 2004 6:39 pm

Do you fel it’s odd that one day you post this, the next day the guy who sang Super Freak dies? Eerie…

12. Comment by Mery on July 23, 2005 3:01 am

The text was good, but i stil cant find the play ipdates. looking for it dude.

13. Comment by Peter Jackson on July 23, 2005 9:49 pm

A heap of wheat, says the Song of Songs
    but I’ve never seen wheat in a pile 🙂
    did you like it?

14. Comment by Richard Davis on July 24, 2005 11:35 pm

Nice one, but what about der weg ? anywya, congrats from me.