Public Nudity and Family Time

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

I’m on Cape Cod blogging from my parents computer. We had a good time playing rummy…and I won both times! WOO HOO!

This morning we watched the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Did anybody else find it kind of funny when they were breaking for a commercial and said: “Say tuned for more of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade, with a performance by Barenaked Ladies”.

I bet there were some senior citizens from the red states freaking out when they heard that announcement!

Oh, and my father received electronic files of some old family photos. I’m talking old as in late 1800’s. Here’s a sample…these are my grandparents…married in 1923!

…scratch that. My parents are operating on a dial-up modem and it’s too slow (or the picture is too large) for it to work. I’ll have to post it when I return to Boston tomorrow. I can’t believe how slow dial-up connections are. This Thanksgiving, I’m thankful for cable modems.

1. Comment by Will on November 28, 2004 8:03 pm

Fritz and I got a kick out of the great family-oriented Macy’s parade featuring Barenaked Ladies, too. I had an aunt who worked for Macy’s many years ago and sometimes I got to go down and work “back
    stage” with her. It’s changed a lot over the years–for the better–more fun things, less storybook stuff and it looks a lot sharper.

2. Comment by Thom on November 28, 2004 9:46 pm

Ah, but what about the Barenaked Gentlemen? Now, that would make the Macy’s parade a lot more interesting!

3. Comment by David on November 29, 2004 9:38 am

Oooo! I agree with Thom. Just as long as they weren’t limp like Garfields arm or some of the other balloons.
    David