Christmas Jackass

I received a homemade holiday mix CD yesterday from my friend, Chris. I LOVE IT! It’s got such an eclectic mix of songs – many that I’d never heard before. There were also others that I’ve always loved, but never knew were available – like Rosemary Clooney’s “Love, You Didn’t Do Right By Me” (as sung in the movie, “White Christmas”).

But there’s one song that I can’t believe hasn’t become a staple in the American Christmas music catalog…”Domenic the Donkey”! I mean, how can you not love a song that goes “Jing a de jing, ee-awwww, ee-awww (donkey sounds), it’s Domenic the donkey. Jing a de jing, ee-awww, ee-awww, the Italian Chistmas donkey.” Classic!

In other news, I’ve realized that I’m just plain lazy. This whole semester I’ve been using the excuse that there is so much going on in my life right now that I’ve not been able to a) Christmas shop, b) do homework, c) socialize. But last night I got home from work and sat my lazy ass in front of the computer until 9PM surfing the web and chatting with people. Then I finally did some (homework) reading until about 10:15 or so before preparing for bed.

It’s official, I have no excuses. I’m just lazy.

1. Comment by chrispy on December 14, 2004 11:01 am

Santa’s got a little friend,
    His name is Dominick.
    The cutest little donkey,
    You never see him kick.
    When Santa visits his paisons,
    With Dominick he’ll be.
    Because the reindeer cannot,
    Climb the hills of Italy.

Jingle bells around his feet,
    And presents on the sled.
    Hey! Look at the mayor’s derby,
    On top of Dominick’s head.
    A pair of shoes for Louie,
    And a dress for Josephine.
    The labels on the inside says,
    They’re made in Brooklyn.

>>>i love that they made the end rhyme by pronouncing it “brew-kah-leen”.

2. Comment by chrispy on December 14, 2004 11:03 am

Children sing, and clap their hands,
    And Dominick starts to dance.
    They talk Italian to him,
    And he even understands.

Cumpare sing,
    Cumpare su,
    And dance ‘sta tarantel.
    When jusamagora comes to town,
    And brings du ciuccianello.

>>>forgot the last verse!!!

3. Comment by Erica on December 14, 2004 11:46 am

Any further insights on the sherpa?

😀

4. Comment by David on December 14, 2004 12:01 pm

My god Karl, you lead a shelterd life.
    Listen to Star 93.7
    They play that damn song every year!
    David

5. Comment by karyn on December 14, 2004 1:40 pm

Sign me up for Sheltered Life, I’ve never heard this song.

What’s so bad about a lazy streak? Not like you don’t have a job or a life or whatever. You’re entitled to a little downtime. Relax willya?

K

6. Comment by Chad on December 14, 2004 3:46 pm

That song drives me bonkers – they play it so many times on the radio I have to turn it off – but it was cute the first time I heard it..
    two days in a row for you being one of the highest looked at profiles on OutinBoston 🙂
    happy surfing