Ice, Ice, Baby

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Charles River frozen so early in the season – it’s not even Christmas yet! I’m not sure if it’s frozen in the major basin along the Back Bay, but the section between the Charles River Dam and the Museum of Science has a sheet of ice on top of it. At least it will be gone by the weekend since it’s warming up in the 50’s by tomorrow.

LOSER ALERT!

OK, here’s how much of a loser I am (and not because I titled this blog entry after a Vanilla Ice song). I was watching (intermittently while surfing the web) “The Biggest Loser” on tv last night. Instead of their normal show filled with competitions and exercise, last night’s episode focused on the “behind-the-scenes”. It showed humorous moments that never aired and showed follow-up’s of the people that had been previously voted off (so you could compare their before and after pictures). Watching the show alone doesn’t make me a loser…what makes me a loser is that I genuinely felt happy for the people who had lost so much weight since they had put so much effort into doing so. Within just 18 weeks, some of these people lost substantial weight and had begun a whole new healthier, livelier and confident life. I get verklempt just thinking about it. I mean, look* how pretty Andrea is now (though, she was obviously quite beautiful before, too):

Oh, and I’m heading to NYC for a few days next week! This should be fun. I’m going down with a friend for two days to explore the newly expanded Museum of Modern Art. YIPPEE! Fung-Wah – here I come!

*These pictures, and others, can be found on the Biggest Loser Website at http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/

1. Comment by Will on December 22, 2004 10:24 am

Karl, enjoy the City–it’s always magical at this time of year. i hear the new
    MOMA is absolutely fantastic.

2. Comment by David on December 22, 2004 11:32 am

You aren’t a loser Karl! A goober maybe…….
    Its just like ABC’s Extreme Makeover Home Edition, with Ty Pennington…….
    Studs and verklempt all at the same time!!!

3. Comment by jeff on December 22, 2004 1:33 pm

Have fun in NYC! I’ll be down that way (a bit upstate of the city) for the weekend – but tied up with family stuff for the holiday so I won’t be able to make it into the city it.