Spring Cleaning

Brad (friend/co-worker) and I went to Regina’s condo yesterday to meet with the real estate broker I plan to use in selling it. She’s actually the same person Regina used when she bought the place so she’s familiar with the building and the neighborhood. She’s quite a character (in a good way) so this should be an interesting transaction.

The only downside to all this is that she wants us to get the place cleaned out this weekend so she can have an open-house the following Sunday. She’s eager to catch the tide of the spring home-buying season before it’s too late.

And, as I believe I’ve mentioned before…Regina had a lot of stuff. We’ve already filled the dumpster four times and have two walls of an entire room filled with bags and boxes up to 6 feet high (all to be donated to charity). Hopefully, with four of us in there, we can get that place cleared out and ready to go.

It’s bad enough that I’ve got spring cleaning to do in my place…

I’m pretty embarrassed about that right now. I’m not sure what’s up with my bathroom – but it seems to have this vacuum effect with my towels – causing little blue pieces of fabric to adhere to every piece of tile or porcelain. I’ve never had this problem before (and these are the same towels we had in our last place).

And last night I had the windows open and as the gusty wind outside starting blowing into the apartment these enormous grey dust-bunnies eased their way out from under the furniture. It was like they had been hibernating all winter (despite my having swept a week ago).

I think I need a maid.

1 Comment(s)

1. Comment by David on April 21, 2005 12:55 pm

A twink houseboy?