The Blogger Formerly Known as Snarl

I’m finally getting around to doing the list of sevens that Will tagged me for. I must say before starting that the thought of doing this has put Prince’s song “Seven” in my head for the past three days. That said – here are my responses:

7 Things I want to accomplish before I die:

1. Travel to Switzerland. Everything I’ve read and seen about that place make it appear like the perefect vacation destination.
  2. Ensure that the people I love are always cared for.
  3. Become proficient in a second language. My attempt at French failed (regrettably since I’ll be in Paris in a few weeks)
  4. Develop the ability to be passionate about things. Currently, I just ooze complacency with life.
  5. Try living in yet another city. I love Boston, San Francisco had it perks. But at some point, I’d like to conquer a new city.
  6. Find true love, live happily ever after.
  7. Win the lottery. OK – this one’s not so realistic and not so much of an accomplisment since no effort goes into it. But it sure would be nice.

7 things I can do:

1. Lay guilt trips on people (apparently a family trait…thanks Mom!).
  2. Stand with one foot facing forward and the other completely backwards.
  3. Compete quite successfully in any 1980’s pop trivia game.
  4. Find my way around. I’m really good with maps and love complex street patterns. Though, Paris may test this skill.
  5. Not spend money.
  6. Manage the estate of a deceased person. Not a skill I want to have to use again…but I did learn I was capable this past year.
  7. Wiggle my ears

7 things I can NOT do:

1. Drink Moxie (the worst tasting soda ever).
  2. Get over my social anxiety. It’s vastly better than it once was – but I still get it on occasion.
  3. Dance. Don’t ask, don’t make me.
  4. Be patient.
  5. Unerstand extremists of any sort (whether it’s the Christian right or the ultra liberal left-wing). I’m a middle man.
  6. Pay full price. It’s very difficult for me. I’m all about the sales.
  7. Get into Monty Python. I just can’t. I seem to like all other British comedy, but not Monty Phython films or shows.

7 things that attract me to members of the same sex:

1. Sense of humor. This is key.
  2. Intelligence/ability to maintain conversation.
  3. Body hair. Yep – I do like me a furry fellow.
  4. Butt. Preferably bubble.
  5. Sense of style. I’m not talking fashion here. I’m just talking a comfort level within oneself and the ability to carry it off.
  6. Similar interests. Yeah, yeah, yeah…opposites attract. And I do want the guy to have some varying interests. But I have to stress some because I’d like to also do stuff together that we both enjoy.
  7. Meat. Keep your mind out of the gutter. I’m just attracted to guys with a little meat on them (versus uber-thin).

7 celebrity crushes:

1. Seth Green
  2. Fred Durst (visually only…I’m not into his music)
  3. David Cross
  4. Amy Sedaris
  5. Breckin Meyer
  6. Jeremy Piven
  7. Anderson Cooper

7 things I say most often:

1. “Shut up”. Not in a “stop talking kind of way”, but more of a “You’ve got to be kidding me?” sort of way.
  2. “Ummmmm”
  3. “Hello, this is Karl” (from answering the phone at work)
  4. “he he” or “LOL” (seeing as I do more and more communicating electronically these days)
  5. “Hey”. (This seems to have become my universal greeting for everybody. No more hello’s or good morning’s. Just a simple “hey”).
  6. “When I…” (The way I seem to digest other people’s stories is to relate them to personal experiences. So, if the opportunity shows up in converasation, I tend to talk about my similar event).
  7. “Ugh” (I seem to become exasperated more frequently than most people).

There you go! Those are my sevens. Now – I’m going to pawn this off to Karyn (Vexed in the City) since she’s the wittiest person I know.

1. Comment by David on September 9, 2005 11:27 am

If U’re looking for somewhere to go
    Thought I’d take u to a movie show
    Sittin’ in the back and I’ll jack u off
    I can’t give u everything u want
    But I can take u to a restaurant
    If u’re not hungry
    I’ll jack u off

If your man ain’t no good
    Come on over to my neighborhood
    We can jump in the sack and I’ll jack u off

If u’re tired of the masturbater
    Little girl, we can go on a date
    And if u like, I’ll jack u off

Here you go Karl. Get Seven out of your head. This is Jack U OFF from Prince’s Controversy Album

2. Comment by David on September 9, 2005 11:27 am

Oh, and I printed as is…
    Just substitute boy for girl.

3. Comment by JC on September 9, 2005 11:49 am

My personal favorite is “Raspberry Beret.” That’s some hot stuff right there.

4. Comment by Karl on September 9, 2005 11:57 am

Actually, Seven isn’t one of my favorite Prince songs (though, I do like it). I think my favorite might be Gett Off. I mean, how can you not love lyrics like “I like ’em fat, I like ’em proud. You gotta’ have a mothah for me so move your big ass round this way so I can work on that zipper, baby.” ????

5. Comment by Ben on September 9, 2005 12:15 pm

I don’t even know most of those celebreties!
    Ben

6. Comment by Will on September 9, 2005 1:19 pm

Your crush list is interesting–in one of his photos (courtesy of Google) David Cross bears a general resemblance to you. I don’t get any erotic heat off either Seth Green or David Sedaris, but I could get into such trouble with Fred Durst you don’t want to know! Buttons were pushed and chains yanked. The last three are all cuties, Piven in particular.

Hope you didn’t mind doing this–I think almost everyone else on my daily read list had done it already.

7. Comment by Karl on September 9, 2005 1:22 pm

Hey, Will! No problem – I don’t mind at all. It was fun. Though, I do want to make it clear that I don’t have a celebrity crush on David Sedaris. I find nothing sexy about him (no offense to him). But his SISTER is the person I have a celebrity crush on (obviously, not in a sexual way).

8. Comment by David on September 9, 2005 1:27 pm

Well, I didn’t remember that Prince song about masturbation. My favorite one is Diamonds and Pearls with Rosie Gaines.
    But if I’m pissed off, there is nothing like, U Sexy Mother Fucker….
    So c’mon Karl you would do it with Amy just once?
    Chad knows if Ms. Janet….. Ms. Jackson if you’re nasty calls, I’m going for it..
    🙂

9. Comment by chrispy on September 9, 2005 2:52 pm

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL: Seth Green, as in the movie star that would play YOU in the movie of your life (there are more than a few physical similarities between you and him. narcissist.)

10. Comment by Karl on September 9, 2005 3:03 pm

Wait a minute. I look nothing like Seth Green. He’s like 4′-8″ tall and has reddish hair.

I can understand Will comparing me to David Cross a bit more (though respectfully still disagree). he he

11. Comment by Ronnie on September 9, 2005 3:09 pm

Great List. I laughed out loud more than a few times. Karl being happy is my main goal in life now. After all the things that have happened in my life. I am ready to just be with a smile on my face. Few things I would like to comment on though: 1)I love Moxie so sue me!! 2)I can’t wait to see you wiggle your ears. 3)Monty Python is kinda is or isn’t haven’t really met anyone who got into it later kind of like The Three Stooges, lol. 4)remind me never to ask you to dance.

5)I like you as you are, not that that relates to anything but I thought I would throw that in.

12. Comment by Will on September 9, 2005 3:44 pm

I so totally blanked on the Amy before Sedaris–probably because ther ewas a David directly over her name. But I still get no erotic heat–guess it’s that “gay thing.”

Next time we have lunch–or better yet, at the Gay Boston Blogger gathering–you have to wiggle your ears. The genie’s out of the bottle on that one now!

13. Comment by karyn on September 9, 2005 11:32 pm

Can I just tell you, that is one of the best compliments I’ve ever been paid! I’m so flattered, I’m actually grinning like an idiot. Now can I safely presume I don’t have to list things that attract me to members of the same sex? Please? LOL.

And by the way, guys –I personally – me- honest to goodness – I’ve actually danced with Karl – IN A TUX. He dances very well. Shut your yap Karl, get over it and shake yo ass…but watchaself..shake yo ass…show ’em whatchoo workin’ with….

14. Comment by chrispy on September 10, 2005 2:44 am

karlinda, height and hair color (hair color that changes like the color on a mood ring)arent the major factors for not looking like someone. john and i both think you and mr green look alike. so there. nyah nyah nyah

15. Comment by Robert on September 10, 2005 5:05 pm

I would absolutely LOOOOVE to see you dance… and wiggling your ears at the same time prolly! 🙂

16. Comment by alex on September 11, 2005 8:43 am

even the best for an almost perfect, sunday morning in salzburg 😉

17. Comment by Brad on September 12, 2005 11:48 am

what’s this about salzburg? i lived there twice and loved it (and still miss it) . . . oop! am i suppose to be commenting on the blog? 🙂

18. Comment by Brad on September 12, 2005 11:48 am

19. Comment by Brad on September 12, 2005 11:49 am

i guess since i lived there twice my computer thought i should post my message twice!

20. Comment by Sofia on September 17, 2005 4:53 pm

Your site is realy very interesting.

21. Comment by Thank you on February 22, 2006 9:27 pm

The blog is very useful.