darn

I never made it to the gay boston bloggers luncheon yesterday. I almost did. I swear!

My father and I were ready to head out the door so I could catch the 10AM bus and arrive in Chinatown just 10 minutes late when one of my parents neighbors paid a visit. She brought along her two dogs (Dusty’s best friends, based on their behavior together) and so I lingered on the Cape for a better part of the morning. Sigh. I was hoping to see the existing gang and to meet some new people.

Still, I’m more than relieved to see my Mom walking on her own, playing cards, and eating meals. This is a far cry from the way she’d been over the past few weeks. She returns for more CAT-scans this week, but things are looking good.

When I finally got home yesterday I got lazy and didn’t head into the Back Bay to go to the supermarket and Trader Joe’s. Instead, I just walked to Whole Foods and spent way too much for items I could have purchased elsewhere for much less.

Oh, and this holiday sale business is getting ridiculous. I can understand holiday shopping for long weekends (Labor Day, 4th of July, Memorial Day), I can understand holiday sales for Christmas. Heck, even Presidents Day sales for buying cars makes sense to me.

But today in the Metro there was a Macy’s advertisment for an Election Day sale!  ELECTION DAY! It’s not even a major election, mostly local things like mayor and city council. I think we’re pulling at straws here for any excuse to have a sale.

1. Comment by keith on November 7, 2005 12:05 pm

And that is EXACTLY what you get for reading the Metro.

2. Comment by David on November 7, 2005 12:17 pm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    That’s all it is.
    Bet you wouldn’t complain if Macy’s had a sale for your birthday.

3. Comment by JC on November 7, 2005 2:11 pm

Hell, doesn’t bother me. I love a good sale. Why do we need excuses for them?

4. Comment by matt on November 7, 2005 9:04 pm

Give me a sale any day and any time — and, any excuse will do! LOL!

5. Comment by karyn on November 8, 2005 2:06 pm

Yah. What David & JC & Matt said. Neener neener. Given your…shall we say thrifty? nature, you should appreciate any and all discounts, reasons be damned!