Tuesday Ramblings

It’s Tuesday in Boston. There is stiff competition betwen incumbent Mayor Menino (seeking a fourth term) and Maura Hennigan. Both are liberal, both are pro gay-marriage, both have roots in Boston’s city council. So, we all know what this means:

It means that Macy’s is having their big Election Day sale! So get out early and vote for your favorite shirt!

In other news, I was reading Bay Windows (newspaper) this morning and found the gay football league listings. I never noticed before – but they’ve got the funniest team names: Blueberry Studmuffins, Tinsel Terrors, Lady Marmalades, Gang Green, Maroon with a View, Bloody Mary’s, Navy Blue Ballers and my favorite: the Tighty Whitey Bulgers*. Leave it to the gays to come up with such clever names.

So, I shocked myself last night. I had planned to come home, eat dinner, shave and go to bed at a reasonable hour. Instead, I was lured to my computer and ended up chatting with this guy I’ve been chatting with for months. Normally, we would just exchange emails or instant message for a few minutes. Somehow, we chatted for over 3 hours straight (with webcam, of course). No, people – everything was clean. Our clothes remained on all at times…I just like seeing who I’m communicating with.

Anyway, I’ve not chatted like that with somebody in ages. By the time we signed off after 10:30 PM I was exhausted. Of course, I never ended up shaving so I look like Grizzly Adams this morning. To make up for it, I decided to “dress up” for work today in black dress pants and a button down shirt…tucked in, no less! Still, I don’t think playing dress up really conceals the fact that I’ve not shaved in 10 days. As George W. Bush so eloquently said: “Fool me once, shame on…shame on you. Fool me…you can’t get fooled again.”  Well, the more I think of it, I suspect good ole’ G.W. might be fooled my my cover-up…but likely nobody else.

*for those of you non-Bostonians, Whitey Bulger is on the FBI’s top ten list of fugitives and originally from South Boston. The fact that he has a gay football named after him…and that you can take the sexual innuendo inherent in his last name and mix it with an underwear reference I find quite clever.

1. Comment by David on November 8, 2005 1:20 pm

Yeah, sure strangers. Leave some of us old folk that you met on the computer in your previous incarnation, like an old defunct CPU, good to no one, not even for parts.
    <sniff> Remember the days.

2. Comment by mike on November 8, 2005 5:03 pm

this guy must be something special…

3. Comment by mike on November 8, 2005 5:03 pm

this guy must be something special…

4. Comment by karyn on November 8, 2005 6:27 pm

Sorry, I’m rooting for the Tighty Whitey Bulgers… too freaking funny….

Did I send you that video clip about Dubyas speechalist? Oh my GOD, that was awful…but funny..

5. Comment by Will on November 9, 2005 12:24 am

sounds like this beard is getting serious!