Ahhhhhh – My Dreamboat

Nope – I’m not talking about dating. I’m literally talking about my dream last night.

I was somehow transported onto a cruise ship. However, unlike the luxuriously spacious quarters you’d see in the Aaron Spelling celebrity guest-fest, Love Boat, I had an interior room with no window and just enough room to open the door before walking into the bed. From what I’ve heard, this is much more typical.

But soon after settling in, I got a knock on the door and the entire cast of Love Boat, including cocaine-fiend Julie McCoy, was entering my humble quarters. There was Gopher, Doc, Captain Stubing, Washington, Julie and even Captain Stubing’s niece, Vicki. However, they didn’t appear as their characters from TV 25 years ago. Oh no – they appeared as I imagined they’d all look now, complete with jowels, vericose (sp?) veins, pot-bellies and gray hair (or bald). But they were still wearing their (ill-fitted) uniforms.

Unfortunately, Charo never paid a visit. But the grang was quite friendly and we had a good time talking and reminiscing about the good ole’ days (as if I was part of them).

Then I woke up.

I’m guessing this has to do with my therapy session yesterday. We were discussing guilt versus pleasure, and how I often seem to overlook the negative when thinking about my past and I only recall the good things. Selective memory, I guess.

Yet, I’ve never stepped foot on a cruise ship. And despite Gavin MacLead (Merrill Stubing) also living on Cape Cod when I was living there, I never met him. Though, I did meet Gene Rayburn of Match Game since he lived down the street from me. Then again, he wasn’t in my dream last night. But I do now recall that I used to get him confused with Milton Berle.

I think I need more therapy.

1. Comment by Candy on December 16, 2005 11:19 am

You had a lot of weird dreams lately, it’s good that you are going to therapy, :).

2. Comment by Ben on December 16, 2005 11:56 am

Interesting. All I remember is the negative. Guess it’s good I’m in therapy, too. LOL

3. Comment by Ben on December 16, 2005 11:57 am

Oh, and it’s Steubing and Vicki was his illegitimate daughter – they broke daring ground on that show!

4. Comment by Brad on December 16, 2005 1:16 pm

Hey! Milton Berle. Now if HE ever made into any of your dreams, I think it’d be a nightmare for sure!

5. Comment by Golden on December 16, 2005 3:15 pm

Hey, I rollerskated with Gene Rayburn once! At Pro-Skate on the Cape. Well, I didn’t actually skate *with* him. I was there working as a skateguard, and he was skating. Picture old man skating….

6. Comment by Mark on December 16, 2005 5:00 pm

You should really start checking the expiration dates of your food before eating…

7. Comment by matt on December 17, 2005 8:10 pm

wicked cool xmas card, by the way! most impressed!

and, hey, that bill had both our names on it and was forwarded to the condo – but after I got your vmail I looked again and it was for the longfellow place apartment.

I’ll call them next week.

8. Comment by matt on December 17, 2005 8:11 pm

ooops – thought I was sending you an email! LOL! Having an Iris moment, I guess.

9. Comment by karyn on December 17, 2005 11:01 pm

That’s a big yes on more therapy. I’m so happy I wasn’t the only one who knew Vicki was Steubing’s daughter… Gene Rayburn’s show was / is one of my all-time faves, I confess, but he was an absolute ass to “commoners”; a sin of which many from your little haven of bliss are guilty, I suppose, but he was truly hateful to people in the ‘real’ world. For what that’s worth. (Talk to C. He knows.)

10. Comment by David on December 20, 2005 4:26 pm

Hello karl, are you there?
    Staring at Tattoo for 2 days…..