Keep the Pace

My full weekend (last weekend) ended up resulting in an equally full week. I started classes this week. They take place on Monday and Tuesday evenings and, if I pass, i’ll be able to graduate in June. The Monday night class appears to have a lot more reading than I had expected. oh dear.

I was able to talk a co-worker (props to Veselka Slut) into taking the Tuesday class with me. My plan was to have him sit in the back of the room with me and pass notes to each other, but I think we both realized after the first class that we could actually learn something in there. Go figure.

That class also has quite a bit of reading plus two short papers, one long paper and a group project.

Then last night I had therapy.

I also found out this week that my sister-in-law is back in the hospital. She was in the hospital two weeks ago for surgery on her feeding tubes (they were infected and needed to be replaced). At the end of her hospital stay, however, she suffered a metabolic stroke. Now she’s been transfered to a rehab hospital so she can regain control of her slurred speech and numbness to one side of her body (specifically one arm/hand that she can no longer control).

Tonight Mike and I are going to see a documentary called “Gay Sex in the 70’s”. The director is going to be there to discuss the film and answer questions. Should be interesting.

Tomorrow I must do laundry. It’s been two weeks and I have one pair of underwear and no socks left. Though, I may just go to Filene’s and buy some new underwear and socks to give myself an extra few days.

Finally, on Sunday my parents are coming up to visit my sister-in-law at the hospital so I’ll be having to meet them south of the city (at the end of the subway line) so I can drive them into the city (they get confused).

Hopefuly on Saturday afternoon between 2:03 PM and 2:12 PM I can manage to get some rest.

1. Comment by David on February 3, 2006 12:13 pm

Wow Karl. Very busy. I hope this doesn’t get edited for content. 🙂

2. Comment by matt on February 3, 2006 2:06 pm

So sorry to hear about H. That whole situation just gets sadder. Hang in there.

I think you’ll like GAY SEX IN THE 70’s. …so to speak. Will be curious if you have the same thought about the way the mood of the film gets changed as they drag us (by force) into the 80’s and AIDS. I view that as a mistake with the film.

…as my Grandmother used to say, there will be plenty of time to rest and sleep later on.”

3. Comment by karyn on February 3, 2006 11:30 pm

Hang in there, Snarling. And how many times are we going to run into this “Oh Dear I’m Out Of Underpants” problem before you learn to not let it pile up??? Sheesh!

4. Comment by karyn on February 3, 2006 11:30 pm

5. Comment by karyn on February 3, 2006 11:31 pm

OK, LOOK, I DID NOT CLICK “SUBMIT” TWICE! I HAD TO CLICK “REFRESH” BECAUSE YOUR BLOODY SERVER IS VILE, AND THIS IS WHAT I GET FOR IT.