Patience, My Dears

I spoke with the blog server person here at Harvard and he told me that I should be able to migrate to the new server later this week. In fact, I will be one of the first here to do so (mostly because of my own persistence and not because of any level of blog popularity).

It’s going to have a completely new look, too. There are loads of templates to choose from – though I must admit that none have jumped out at me as being “the one”. But at least it will be faster (for you) and, presumably, easier to use (for me). Maybe then my readership will go up (just two comments yesterday….TWO!)

Of course, if seems that whenever I post something sexual in nature, I get tons of responses. Maybe I’ll have to come up with something provocative to draw the people in.

I have class tonight and expect to get back my second paper for my Higher Education Management class. You may recall that my first paper was a ghastly B. My fingers are crossed that I did at least slightly better this time around.

Speaking of school, did I mention that my nearly 75 year old mother started college last week? Yep – she retired from a bank at 67 and started working retail (for some extra cash and to keep away from my father so as not to kill him). Her store closed down in September and now she’s participating in a program at Cape Cod Community College for senior citizens looking to hone their computer skills so they can get jobs. She seems to be enjoying herself and told me she has even been helping the confused student at the next computer.

Maybe Mom and I can both have graduation celebrations this spring.

1. Comment by David on April 4, 2006 12:21 pm

Congratulations to Karls Mom?
    Does she know about the Flower photos that are most likely going to be on display?

2. Comment by Mike on April 4, 2006 6:31 pm

“spending warm summer days indoors…” Such a dream. And though you allegedly loved the trip down to H.H. Richardsontown (North Easton, hell on earth except for the nice buildings and my parents), it was merely 18 miles. We might be in Bristol County (motto: “The Arkansas of Massachusetts”), but we’re not that deep south.

Have fun in your class tonight. If the prof likes your paper, he’s a genius. If not, ask him where he got his degree, the Fotomat?

3. Comment by karyn on April 4, 2006 7:53 pm

A “ghastly B”. Who are you – Harvard’s answer to Simon Cowell?

4. Comment by Robert on April 5, 2006 11:13 am

Ooh a new look coming soon! Can’t wait. Yeah, and good for your mommy, going back to college, etc. I wish I’ll have that kind of energy when I’m at her age.