I Blame Karyn

I was very social (electronically, at least) last night and ended up instant messaging with oodles of people. Most prominently, I spent 2 hours chatting with Mike (despite him repeatedly saying he only wanted to chat for 15 minutes so he could continue preparing for tomorrow’s party). I also chatted rather extensively with Karyn.

In my chat with her, we discussed everything from when I brought my parents to the sex shop in Provincetown to living in other counties and finally to the sexual relationships I’ve had with women (yes, I’ve been an equal opportunity provider in my past).

It’s the latter topic that I blame for the peculiar dream I had last night. I can’t recall the beginning of the dream, but at some point I was dating an attractive female graduate student. She was quite petite with long, brown Alicia Silverstone hair (circa Clueless). She also wore really cool glasses similar to those sported by freed hostage, Jill Carroll.

Anyway, we were walking somewhere in Cambridge and ended up sitting in the front room of some random apartment. The relationship was rather new because she had never seen my apartment. We began discussing real estate and I started using the apartment we were at as an example to explain the size and layout of my apartment (this apartment was smaller). Despite it not being either of our apartments, I began giving her a tour…until we discovered the occupants were in the bedroom. Since we didn’t know them, we began walking back to Boston.

She started telling me that when she graduates she plans on moving into this condo development that’s going up in a not-so nice part of town in Providence. I told her I knew of that project but didn’t want to live in Rhode Island. The next thing you know, we’re at North Station and she had just missed her train by 2 minutes.

I invited her over to my place to hang out but we ended up going to the Chinese restaurant my friend’s (Candy) family owned when I was in high school. But we didn’t go there to eat…we went there so I could go to work!

Yes, I worked at a Chinese restaurant. I brought my girlfriend into the kitchen with me and she and a sassy waitress really hit it off as I tried reading the work schedule (which was in Cantonese so I had trouble reading it). I discovered that I wasn’t supposed to work that night…but decided to work anyway since I was already there.

But I’m a slacker and ended up doing nothing productive. Until hours later when there was a fancy black-tie ball going on nearby and I decided to go there and assist. My responsibility was to replenish the stock of creme brulee and chocolate mousse at the dessert station. Instead, I would sit down and pretend to be one of the party guests.

And then I noticed that this was the charity event where my nude photo was being auctioned off. I suspect this is because I got the invitation to the event in the mail yesterday (tickets are $50! EEK).

Then I woke up.

What does this mean?

1. Comment by chrispy on April 6, 2006 11:13 am

does anyone want to start on what could possibly be going on with this story? anyone?

2. Comment by Lise on April 6, 2006 11:28 am

I don’t even know where to begin. I think we’re all too daunted to comment!

3. Comment by karyn on April 6, 2006 11:33 am

They’re going to revoke your Gay Card you know, if you keep this up. 😉

4. Comment by karyn on April 6, 2006 11:34 am

They’re going to revoke your Gay Card you know, if you keep this up. How can you possibly blame me???

5. Comment by J.P. on April 6, 2006 12:50 pm

You lost at me at the part about a relationship with a woman. Not that there’s anything wrong that. 🙂

6. Comment by Will on April 6, 2006 4:20 pm

Well it could mean that the charity event to which you just got the invitation has managed to get its hands on the presumed lost Karl Coleman Full Frontal Photo Collection, and is going ot auction one off as part of the fund raiser! 🙂

7. Comment by Dave in Chicago (2) on April 6, 2006 5:14 pm

I don’t know. But the important thing is, we’re out of creme brulee at table six, and if you could get right on that, lovey, we’d be ever so appreciative. Oh, and here’s a little something for your trubble.
    Smooches!