I Can’t Handle the Guilt

…of causing my viewers to go blind. Despite my fondness for the retro Nagel-esque male profile that existed in the previous background (which didn’t even last 24 hours), here’s a more tame background.

I must agree with all of you that the brightness was a tad disturbing – and in no way indicative of my dark personality. The subtle tones here are more in line with who I am, I suppose.

Currently, we have an assortment of rather boring backgrounds to choose from. Rumor has it that we’re going to be offered more – possibly (and hopefully) with the ability to customize them. If that ever happens, expect to find that little man return in a lovely muted charcoal and burgundy.

Wel, today’s the big day. At approximately 2PM I leave work, meet up with Mike, pick up our Mini-Cooper and head to the Cape. I’m really looking forward to it despite the rains that are expected late Saturday evening and Sunday. But it appears we’ll have a good stretch of weather until then.

I’ve not been to Ptown in the off-season in years, so this should be fun. I just hope it’s warm enough to enjoy walking along the beach (not laying out, obviously). And I’m hoping that, being a weekend, there will be more shops open with some great off-season sales.

Mike gets to meet my parents this afternoon, too (EEK). Many of you have met them in the past – any advice? Fortunately, my parents are pretty low-key and have liked everybody I’ve introduced them to except for a few ex-girlfriends back in high school. Otherwise, they seem to enjoy when I bring people down with me. Then again, my guest and I usually either take them out to a restaurant or cook them dinner.

HHHMMM – maybe it’s the free food they look forward to and not company?

1. Comment by Lise on April 20, 2006 9:43 am

Thank you, thank you. I like this color scheme and the layout is better. Have a great weekend! Liquor up the parental units.

2. Comment by Mark on April 20, 2006 10:48 am

I like much better, pumpkin! I hope that you guys have a great weekend!

3. Comment by jeff on April 20, 2006 12:16 pm

Have a great long weekend!

4. Comment by Brad on April 20, 2006 12:29 pm

Have a blast!!

5. Comment by J.P. on April 20, 2006 12:55 pm

Say hi to Ptown for me! 🙂 I’m really diggin’ the colors of this page….

6. Comment by Dave in Chicago (2) on April 20, 2006 1:06 pm

Bon week-end! Yeah, this is a bit more staid, but it’s fast and it’s readable… 😉

7. Comment by Dean on April 20, 2006 4:25 pm

always wanted to do ptown in the off-season. have fun!

8. Comment by BigMomma on April 21, 2006 9:23 am

As and Ex-Stand-In for many years, I can say your parental units don’t have a bad bone in their bodies.. You have nothing to worry about! Tell them I miss them and send them my love.. (Tell your Dad that I still think about him dancing with me @ the Firemans Ball, remember that?hehe.. what a guy) hey, Make sure you take Mike to the top of the tower.. slacker.. Enjoy!

9. Comment by karyn on April 21, 2006 5:11 pm

What’s scary about your parents??? But then, they love me! (Oh wait. Maybe it’s because I’m NOT one of your exes?) No sweat, just let it happen; you do not need advice. Except perhaps this: Should the dog be sprayed by a skunk, under no circumstances should you two plunk it in the bathtub and massage it with tomato sauce. I daresay that could set a negative tone… bringing someone to Meet The Parents and turning their dog pink during the same visit. Have fun; I mostly remember tooooo much being closed in the off season, but then, it was winter, not spring. See ya!