A Hair Better

For the first time in ages, my Monday morning blog entry isn’t about my “exciting” weekend activities. No distant getaways, no bars, no fancy dinners, no game nights.

Just me, a box of Kleenex and Comcast.

In fact, if it wasn’t for the TV, I would have had no idea that all of this flooding was taking place around me (60% of Saugus is under water?).

Mike surprised me with a visit on Saturday and bought me the DVD to “The 40-Year Old Virgin”, but other than that I had no contact with any human beings.

What I did get, was an education in 1980’s Heavy Metal on VH-1. Apparently, May is Heavy Metal month. Did you know that one of the founding members of Ratt developed AIDS and died of a heroine overdose? Or that one of the founding member of Pantera was shot and killed on stage during a concert in Ohio?

Fascinating. If anything, that should tell you NOT to found a heavy metal band.

It also made my headaches worse since, truth be told, all of that yelling and screaming gave me a headache. I suppose my friend, Jason, would have loved it. But it probably wasn’t the best choice of programming for me. I just didn’t have the energy to reach over to the other side of the sofa to retrieve the remote.

Now it’s Monday and I’ve got my last two classes tonight and tomorrow. I’m VERY tempted to skip class tonight. I’m feeling a bit better, but still horrible.

But at least I’m comforted in knowing that I’m not a hair band musician.

1. Comment by Veselka Slut on May 15, 2006 10:02 am

How do you come up with those witty headlines for each and every blog entry?

I’m glad to hear you are feeling better. If you skip class tomorrow I will make you look like that one armed drummer. (That is, I’ll chop of your arm).

2. Comment by JC on May 15, 2006 11:41 am

FUCK YEAH!!! Hair metal rules man. I was sick this weekend too…but I was addicted to “Alias” on DVD since I don’t have cable (courtesy of Bryan!).

3. Comment by Will on May 15, 2006 1:05 pm

Not that there was much of a chance, but I promise to take your advice and NOT found a heavy metal band. Actually, I may make that a New Year’s Resolution next January 1, because there’s a 100% chance that it’s one resolution I’ll absolutely keep.

Glad you’re beginning to edge toward recovery.

4. Comment by Brad on May 15, 2006 1:15 pm

. . . you were too lazy to reach the remote? Man! How lazy is that? :>

5. Comment by karyn on May 16, 2006 7:58 am

You. In a hair band.

Wow.

Gonna take all day to absorb THAT image.