Pueblo de P

It’s official. I’m heading to Provincetown this weekend. There were enough places available (as of late last night) on the last-minute availability lodging website for Ptown and it looks like it will be a sunny weekend (albeit extremely hot). Who could ask for anything more?

I’m going to make room and car reservations today and come Saturday morning, I’ll be enjoying the gayness that is Cape Cod with my friend, Fernando. I’m all excited to know that another friend, Fred, will be there. And another on-line buddy (who I’ve not met yet but tried fixing up with yet another friend) will also be there and we may possibly meet for the first time.

And speaking of gayness, this is a pretty exciting/anxiety-inducing week for those wacky Massachusetts gays. First with yesterday’s State Supreme Court ruling and then with tomorrow’s Constiutional Convention. I must say I loved the following comment by two of the justices (about putting gay marriage to a vote):

“The only effect of a positive vote will be to make same-sex couples, and their families, unequal to everyone else,” he wrote. “This is discrimination in its rawest form.”

I guess we’ll see. As Rodney once asked in the 1990’s: Can’t we all just get along?

Hmm – this was a rather boring post. I’ll try to work up some scandal before tomorrow’s posting.

1. Comment by Erica on July 12, 2006 8:20 pm

I forgot to tell you, we had so much fun last weekend in ptown! I went with just my friend, and we really enjoyed it. She’s straight and not really into the late night nightlife of any orientation so we didn’t sample that, but we still enjoyed the scene. We went to the beach and did a sunset dune tour. YAY.

We ended up staying at the Lotus, cos it had rooms, which was fine. Seems they are not great to their workers tho so it’s not a first choice next time I go. Which I can’t wait to do…

2. Comment by snarl on July 13, 2006 8:46 pm

How’d you find out there were bad to their employees?

3. Comment by Bob on December 15, 2006 7:48 pm

We ended up staying at the Lotus, cos it had rooms, which was fine. Seems they are not great to their workers tho so it’s not a first choice next time I go. Which I can’t wait to do

I stayed at the Lotus a while back and liked it ok.