Notes from a Scandal

My goodness…just as I expected, that little teaser of childhood trivia yesterday sparked a lot of interest. Unfortunately, I can’t go into much detail on here since my friend reads this blog occasionally. But let’s just say that whenever the father and I were left in a room together (or in a car, or anywhere for that matter), he would tell me stories about his previous sexual experiences with men. Did I mention he was still married to my friend’s mother?

By the time I got to college, he would mail me porn magazines fairly regularly (which freaked me out for fear of them getting found). He never laid a hand on me, but he sure did try – for years. Though, to his credit, he never tried the physical things until I hit 18 years old (and was legal). Before then, it was just flirtation without any attempts at physical contact.

As a typical horny kid, I’m surprised I never let him do anything, though. I guess, even then, I had a wee bit of morality in me (where it has since gone is beyond me).

OK – enough incriminating evidence about my past. On to happier thoughts.

Here’s an updated world map of the places I’ve been (I’m including Mexico since I’ll be there in a few weeks). It appears that, aside from the U.S. and Canada, I tend to travel to tiny little countries. I mean, look at Europe! I’ve been to 4 countries there and it still looks like only a tiny red spot. Hell, you can barely even tell that I’ve been to Japan. I guess I need to change that with a trip to Russia, China, or Australia. Otherwise, it doesn’t look like I’ve been to many places.

create your own visited countries map

1. Comment by Lise on January 26, 2007 11:15 am

I suspect it was more a wee bit of freaked-out fear!

2. Comment by Will on January 26, 2007 5:04 pm

Those maps are fun–youcan go up to Montreal for the sight-seeing and an evening with the boys dancing at Stock but as far as the map is concerned you “own” all of Canada.