Kissing Robbie Williams

Don’t you hate how you’ll have a very vivid dream that makes perfect sense and you can recall it quite clearly for the first 30 minutes or so after you wake up…only to think about it an hour or so later and all of the facts have become distorted and nonsensical?

Well, that’s what happened to me last night. For some unknown reason, I had a dream that involved Robbie Williams hitting on me in an elementary school (we were both adults…but for some reason we were in an elementary school environment that had no children present). There was some sort of assembly taking place and we were in the back on some sort of deck when he start flirting and kissing me. It didn’t progress much further than that since we were in public after all. Well, okay, there was some over-the-clothes groping, but it ends there, I swear.

Oh, and one more thing…Robbie Williams was black.

It made total sense this morning. Now it just seems bizarre – like any album Tori Amos has made after Little Earthquakes.

Whenever dreams such as this take place, I try to piece its origins together. The best that I can think of is that Randy pulled up the Colin Ferrell home-made sex video off the internet over the weekend and, well, Colin is Irish (kinda’ close to English) and the woman he was having sex with was black. And the elementary school most definitely didn’t have to do with a fondness for children since, well, truth be told, I’m actually not fond of children. However, I have been scanning my Mom’s old photos onto my computer and many of those photos were elementary school photos (class pictures, school plays).

Either way, I woke up with a smile.

1. Comment by Lise on April 26, 2007 10:18 am

Have you seen Robbie Williams lately? Looking a little …. well-traveled. I think he’s another that just went through rehab. How is the Colin Farell tape? He can look so beautiful, but now he just looks … dirty. In every way.

2. Comment by Dave in Chicago (2) on April 26, 2007 10:54 am

Please, I have that exact dream every night. Be original! 😉

3. Comment by JC on April 26, 2007 9:55 pm

Um, Randy HAS to give me that Colin Farrell video. Colin is probably the one person I would leap over Bryan’s dead body to have sex with.

4. Comment by jeff on April 28, 2007 8:59 am

I read a few books about dreams recently. One book suggested to keep a note pad and a pen handy and just write down a few key ideas, when you read it the next morning they will make more sense and you’ll remember more. I do that, then type them into a log. I also learned that according to Freud, almost everything is about sex, and asserting masculinity, for the most part. What a perv.

5. Comment by snarl on May 1, 2007 9:54 am

Good idea, Jeff.

Though, I fear that if I remember my dreams too clearly I may get freaked out.