You Can’t Stop Progress

This is an exciting time at Harvard Law School. The media keeps focusing on the stupid relocation of 3 Victorian era houses a few blocks up Mass Ave (which I honestly don’t understand; people have been moving houses down streets for centuries without modern technology….why is it such a big deal today?).*

But for me, the big news is that today is the day that Harvard Law School upgrades the blog server and I will be forced to have a new “theme”. I’ve still not picked one yet…mostly because I don’t know what the new ones will be. All I know is that the one I’ve grown to love over the past few years will become obsolete in a few hours. By tomorrow morning, you will be viewing the “new and improved” Adventures in Gastronomy. And, if my technical skills are up to par, I’m told I’ll be able to incorporate my flickr photo albums into the page, too. WOO HOO!

*My biggest grievance with this whole house moving thing is that facilities has changed the locks on my office’s balcony door so I no longer have access to it. They feared that I (or somebody) would allow the media access to my roofdeck…and then they’d bring a ladder, climb up to the roof, walk to the other side of the building and watch the houses being moved. Now that the move is over, I’ve requested that the locks be changed again. I don’t use the deck…but I frequently open the door to get some ventilation in here (and there are no other operable windows).

1. Comment by Lise on June 25, 2007 1:00 pm

And what happened to the promises of (exclusive)lunch parties on said deck – and I believe there was discussion of wading pool or slip/slide so the boys could wear their speedos. Well – we want to use your deck even if you don’t! 😉

2. Comment by Dave in Chicago (2) on June 25, 2007 5:06 pm

Amen! Big deck parties. (unfortunately, that’s not a typo…)