Let’s Get Physical

I had my annual physical this morning. Actually, it’s been 1.5 years since my last physical. This past year has been a very healthy one for me (aside from the weight gain). I’ve not called in sick to work once in the past 12+ months, and the worst I’ve had was a cold while in San Francisco. Well, that and the apparent allergic reaction to sunblock in both Mexico and Crane Beach this summer.

Anyway, I was a bit relieved to hear my doctor say that I’ve only gained 13 pounds since my last doctor’s visit. I thought I was approaching the 20 degree mark. I very well might have gained 20 pounds at one point – perhaps I’ve begun losing a bit (I can hope).

Everything else seemed to be A-OK, too. He took 5 vials of blood for closer inspection so I suppose we won’t know the full truth until those results are revealed. I hate waiting…ugh.

Oh, and my dog-sitting duties are over! My parents were supposed to return Sunday night between 8:30 and 10:00PM. They ended up not arriving until nearly 2:00AM on Monday morning! But Dusty was thrilled to see them…and I was thrilled to see Dusty stay with them as they drove away from the subway station later on that day!

All in all, she was a pretty good guest. She didn’t mess in the house, she became more mellow at work and home as the week went on, and she really is adorable when she’s napping. We took her to Portsmouth, New Hampshire, on Saturday and exhausted her sufficiently so that she was quite well behaved Saturday evening.

Randy has come to nick-name her Princess. I suppose it fits…as long as he accepts being known as the queen.

1. Comment by J.P. on September 25, 2007 11:03 am

Interesting about the sunblock and your allergic reaction. I found myself having an allergic reaction to sunblock when we were in Florida earlier in the year.

Great picture in the header too!

2. Comment by Mark on September 25, 2007 1:25 pm

I suppose it fits…as long as he accepts being known as the queen.

Oh… snap!!!!

3. Comment by thleen on September 25, 2007 5:32 pm

The queen looks like an Ewok….soo adorable.
    You are a good son.
    and speaking of sun: I also had an allergic reaction to sunblock this summer.
    Hives….not so adorable.

4. Comment by Karl on September 25, 2007 10:34 pm

Dusty is adorable….but she knows it.

My parents are whipped…and for last week, even I was whipped. How can you stay mad at a face like that?