Various Vehicles that Use (and Release) Gas

As I was getting off the train this morning I realized that this was my last morning commuting the way I’ve been commuting for nearly four years. I’m crashing at Randy’s place tonight so will be doing my new commute tomorrow. By next week, I’ll officially be living in, gasp, Somerville and will never be on that same train again (the 8:55AM to Fitchburg).

I wish I’d realized this before getting on the train this morning. I’m a geek – I like to fully appreciate and reminisce life’s moments. Instead, what made me realize it was seeing a familar as i stepped onto the platform (a man with Down’s Syndrome wearing a Brandeis maintenance uniform: he must work there). I’ve seen him nearly every morning for years – always holding his large coffee in his hand.

I shall see him no more.

OH! And speaking of commutes, I was heading home last night on the Green line. These trolleys are entered by climbing 3 steps. I was standing on the lower step of a crowded train (on the side where the doors don’t open so i was completely out of the way). A man was standing on the actual floor of the train (two steps up) so his ass was at the level of my face. A woman was standing across from me on the same step (we were facing each other).

Anyway, I’m reading my Blender magazine bee-bopping to some S.O.S. Band on my iPod when all over a sudden the most foul odor starts eminating from this man’s ass (which, i repeat, was literally in my face). I looked over at the woman and she placed her finger against her nostrils to block them from the stench. It was so bad I had to fan my surroundings with my magazine.

Nasty. I suppose I should be thankful that my new commute won’t place me on the Greenline.

1. Comment by thleen on October 4, 2007 5:57 pm

what a send off! and the green line of all colors. hehe.

that was sweet about noticing you’ll not be seeing the Brandeis guy on that commute.

sweet karl. enjoy the new commute.

2. Comment by Randy on October 9, 2007 12:35 am

Well at least you didnt mention me as being a vehicle that releases gas !
    🙂

3. Comment by snarl on October 9, 2007 10:02 am

Well, Randy, that goes without saying!