Home Sweet Home

I’m in! Well, I’m also out. But I’m officially IN to my new home. Things went really well and very smoothly. Randy and I had originally recruited two friends to help (Deano and Jeff). But at the last minute two additional friends (Ben and Zach) helped out.

Since I’d already moved all of the boxes to the new places gradually over the past month, all that was left was the furniture. This was officially the quicket move of my life. It took less than 45 minutes to load up the truck and only 30 minutes to unload at Randy’s our place.

Most of the furniture came to our place, but we also brought a few things down to my parents (bed, desk, TV stand) after we’d finished settling into Randy’s our place.

Speaking of that, I think it’s going to take some time for me to stop refering to OUR place as RANDY’s place. I mean, it’s been over a year of calling it his place so it’s not going to be overnight that I can also consider it my place. But one room in particular looks like my old place. The guest room/office is where nearly all of my furniture went. In fact, only one piece of furniture in there is his. Otherwise, we’ve managed to put little bits of me into every other room – even the basement.

Of course, less than 36 hours after moving in with Randy, he’s already gone. Yep, he’s on his way to Texas on a business trip this morning. And then he’s off again next week. Oh, and between now and the end of the year he’s  got at least two trips to California and one trip to Virginia confirmed, plus possible trips to Belgium and Japan.

HMMM – in some ways, it still is like I’m living alone!

1. Comment by Karyn on October 9, 2007 9:05 am

Love. Love love love that photo!

Congrats on a relatively easy move and a smooth transition! I’m very happy for both of you!

Did I mention how much I love that photo?

mwah –

K

2. Comment by snarl on October 9, 2007 9:40 am

hmmm – I guess I’ll keep the picture up for a few more days. It’s funny, I’ve always loved that part of Truro with all of the identical mini cottages on the beach. But my friend, Dave (from Chicago) saw the photo and said it made him think of internment camps.

And I can see that.

It’s funny how one person can find something beautiful/charming, and another can find it sad. And now I can see both in this same backdrop!

3. Comment by Dave in Chicago (2) on October 9, 2007 12:58 pm

Oh geez, don’t lay that on me! I didn’t find it sad (not that there’s anything happy about internment, or interment for that matter)…it was just the first thing I thought of when I saw the buildings. “Hey honey, it’s us at Dachau! *smooch*”
    Seriously, it’s a great shot of the two of youse.

Karyn, great to hear your “mwah” again.