One Week and the Magic is Gone

The honeymoon is over. I can tell. Just one week after moving in with Randy and I can sense the change. Prior to moving in, Randy cooked me some nice meals. Nothing gourmet, mind you, but tasty, well-seasoned foods prepared on the grille, fresh veggies, yummy sauces. You get the idea. In exchange, I would usually do the dishes and laundry.

Last night I got frozen chicken nuggets, frozen cauliflower, leftover bread (toasted and then sprayed with fake butter from a bottle), and a few slices of chedder cheese left-over from our trip to Provincetown…two weeks ago.

The entire plate was yellow/white.

I guess now that he knows I’m settled into the place and that I’m in it for the long haul, he sees no reason to woo me anymore.

1. Comment by karyn on October 15, 2007 10:04 am

Everyone has an off night now and again.
    Courage, camille. You’ll be ok. Don’t be too hard on him.

2. Comment by karyn on October 15, 2007 10:06 am

Also, seasonally appropriate. Very autumnal.

3. Comment by snarl on October 15, 2007 10:38 am

I suppose it is seasonally appropriate!

And I shouldn’t complain too much since that’s the sort of meal I’d have been preparing for myself if I still lived alone.

4. Comment by Alan on October 15, 2007 8:16 pm

When was the last time you wooed Randy with a home cooked meal? Maybe it’s your turn? 🙂

5. Comment by snarl on October 16, 2007 9:15 am

Oh, Alan! I love him too much to subject him to a dinner prepared by me!

6. Comment by jeff on October 16, 2007 4:57 pm

I don’t know what you’re bitching about, that sounds delicious!

7. Comment by Randy on October 16, 2007 10:37 pm

So this was my payback for all the YUMMY meals Karl has fixed me over at his pad. Frozen chicken and frozen veggies. At least I added some butter to the toast and some cheese!
    Sometimes we are all lazy and have to break in and do it. Besides we have a freezer full of frozen chicken nuggets that were all purchased for him to being with.
    I cooked a great meal sat night and no I dont get thanked for that I get hammered by my one lazy meal. And I would definately like Karl to take some initiative to find and make a nice meal sometimes too. Jez even a nice jar of pasta sauce (RAGU does not count karl) is better than nothing and seems like you made an effort.