It’s All True!

Absence does make the heart grow fonder.

I’m ashamed to say this because it’s so, well…gay…but I miss Randy. He’s only been home less than 24 hours in the last 10 days. He returns this afternoon but is gone again Saturday morning (just 36 hours later). This will be the pattern until Christmas. Normally I think him traveling is helpful (gives us each much-needed and well-deserved space).

Although I was missing him around Thanksgiving, too, it wasn’t as noticeable since I was on the Cape spending the holiday with my family for most of it. But this trip it’s begun to kick in a bit more. This trip I’m realizing how much I enjoy his company. I miss the mundane things like cuddling up on the sofa every night watching shows we recorded on DVR. I miss spooning. I miss home cooked meals (I’m being honest here).

I’m really gay, aren’t I?

1. Comment by Lise on November 29, 2007 11:09 am

awwww!!!!!!! Hey, at least your BF lives on the same contient as you! 😉

2. Comment by Dave in Chicago (2) on November 29, 2007 12:25 pm

Being gay has nothing to do with it, dearest.

3. Comment by Mark on November 29, 2007 1:31 pm

The gayest!

4. Comment by jeff on November 29, 2007 5:54 pm

Ya big sissy….. You busy Saturday night? I just don’t want to be stuck watching Zach study.

5. Comment by karyn on November 29, 2007 11:47 pm

Wait – does that make ME gay?

And Lise is right – at least he returns home to you and his “base” is in the same house as you, in the continental US.

Damn it Karl. Maybe this sappy nonsense is catching. WAIT! Maybe YOU gave it to me! That would explain some things.

But all in all – I’m glad you’re missing the little things; they really do turn out to be the big things, in the end.

Oh dear. That never sounded right either.

I give up.

6. Comment by Randy on November 30, 2007 2:00 pm

Yea me! I feel more loved and ever! Glad to be home even if its a short time. At least I have 5 nights home after next Thursday! 🙂