It’s the Little Things

I’ve recently begun recording old Will & Grace episodes on the DVR and, truth be told, they just make me happy. True, the show isn’t perfect: Jack went from being an self-involved (yet charming) drama-queen in the first few seasons to an annoying 2 year old by the last few seasons, but overall I could always count on the show to make me laugh. And it does.

And, because I’m such a loser, it’s something that reminds me of Paris. Most people have fond memories of taking a boat ride down the Seine, or dining at an outdoor cafe, or walking the galleries of the Louvre. Me? I liked retiring to Mark’s flat at the end of a long day of playing tourist, tossing on some DVD’s of Will & Grace and decompressing. It’s the little things.

Like winning a game of Scrabble! Deano came over last night for our nearly-regular game night. Two games were played. He beat me (slightly) in the first game because he finagled yet another 8 letter word on a triple word score square (hoisting). But Randy joined in for the second game and I managed to sqeak ahead and win by a few points (even with Deano’s second 8 letter/triple word score of the evening: stranded).

Ah yes, it’s the little things.