“New York, London, Paris, Munich, Everybody Talk About Mmmm Pop Muzik!”

It seems that whenever I’m in the process of planning a trip, a song will pop into my head associated with that trip. Before going to San Francisco, I had that hippie-era Scott McKenzie song stuck in my head, “San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair)”. Prior to going to Buenos Aires, I had the Andrew Lloyd Webber song from Evita stuck in my head “What’s New, Buenos Aires?”. We went to Las Vegas this past February….and Elvis Presley’s “Viva! Las Vegas” was running through my head.

Now we’re about 99% confirmed for our trip to Europe in, gasp, two weeks and I’ve got “Pop Muzik” by M stuck in my head. Mostly, because it’s the only song I know of that has “Munich” in the lyrics (hence the title of today’s blog post). I also realized this weekend that if this trip gets completely successfully, I’ll have visited all four cities included in the lyric.

I’m such a geek.

1 Comment(s)

1. Comment by mindy on May 6, 2008 9:08 am

It could be worse: I read an interview once with the Pet Shop Boys and the interviewer though she was being all cool by having them sitting next to Lake Geneva and one of them didn’t know why, despite Lake Geneva being a lyric in “West End Girls.”