It’s Only a Fortnight

The countdown is on. I really do need to learn how to be more patient. Poor, Randy (I say that a lot, don’t I?). As vacations approach, I tend to get carried away with planning. I’m not so anal that every minute of every day is planned out. I just plan the big stuff (tickets, hotels). The rest I leave open so we can go as we please.

My problem is that in addition to singing songs about my destination (as mentioned previously, I’m singing “Pop Muzik'”, by M non-stop), I constantly remind Randy that the trip is coming.

“One month from today I’ll be in Paris.”
“Three weeks from today I’ll be in Paris.”

Now I can officially say I’ll be in Paris two weeks from this very minute. My flight leaves 13 days from now, but my arrival is 14 days from now…bright and early in the morning (ugh). Randy doesn’t arrive until the following morning.

In the meantime, I have to focus on other things. Like the fact that we’re heading to the Cape tomorrow to spend Mother’s Day with my mom. And we have two parties to attend next Saturday night. And I need to start thinking of how to pack as lightly as possible for a 12 day trip. And I need to get some currency converted. And my iPod and camera battery charged. And finalize a hotel for Munich.

Oh dear – I’m thinking about the trip again.

1 Comment(s)

1. Comment by jeff on May 9, 2008 4:21 pm

“If you’re fond of sand dunes and salty air…..quaint little villages here and there……..”
    Have fun on Old Cape Cod this weekend…..