Let Them Eat Cake

There couldn’t be a more appropriate headline for today’s blog post. Last night, in an early celebration of my birthday, I went out to dinner with Randy and some friends at Amelia’s in Teele Square. Following dinner, we came back to our place, played some Wii, and ate a cake Randy baked for me. We took photos, but I forgot to bring them to post here. D’oh!

Anyway, at one point, somebody said something that prompted Pete to say “aw, let him eat cake” (it was probably me advising Randy not to have a second slice). Of course, that immediately reminded me of Marie Antoinette saying “Let them eat cake.” And where did that happen? In France! And where will I be in less than 24 hours? France!

It’s like six degrees of separation but without Will Smith (or Kevin Bacon).

Speaking of Bacon, I had some on my salad last night. And Kevin Bacon was also on the Will & Grace episode I watched on the DVR before going to dinner. See how this all works? That was only one degree of separation!

1. Comment by Fred on May 22, 2008 10:03 am

Heya Karl! Happy (early) Birthday!!! Safe & happy travels!!

Cheers,
    F.

2. Comment by BigMomma on May 22, 2008 1:47 pm

Hi Snarl, You know.. if you stop celebrating your birthdays you don’t get any older….. At least that’s what I’m hoping. Well you look fabulous anyway.. so you don’t have anything to worry about!

By the way, I’m jealous of your mileage on your scooter! I’d be the nag next to you asking you all kinds of questions. Lucky for you I haven’t had a sighting..

Best Wishes for a great Birthday.. and have fun in France! (I’m jealous)

3. Comment by ailsa on May 22, 2008 5:31 pm

Marie Antoinette said “let them eat brioché”…..it’s like half way between bread and cake….

not entirely sure why i felt i had to share that. it has something to do with being crazy i’m sure.

hope you enjoy france!

4. Comment by thleen on May 23, 2008 5:19 pm

Bon Voyage and Happy Birthday, Karl Bacon.