Yee Haw!

I’m heading south…again. Randy and I fly down to Nashville after work this afternoon. Unfortunately, there are no direct flights to Nashville from Boston so we’re connecting at LaGuardia ( we connect in DC on the return flight). Consequently, that makes this short trip take nearly six hours to get there (just under 4 on the return thanks to a shorter layover).

I’ve never been to Tennessee. And actually, we’re just flying into Nashville before driving to rural Murfreesboro where his brother has a house and farm. It’s funny, this morning Randy asked if I wanted to bring a baseball cap since it’s going to be sunny and in the 80’s the whole time. I said sure, but then realized that my two caps are either a Boston Red Sox hat (yay….advertise I’ma northerner in the south) or a Human Rights Campaign hat (yay…advertise I’m gay in a red state).

Still, it’ll be interesting to meet the final person in Randy’s immediate family.

Oh, and we confirmed our entire Key West trip yesterday…everything from airare down to the condo and rental car. And my Mom is thrilled that we’re heading down the day AFTER Christmas instead of the day of Christmas.

HMMM – with all the travel I do, I might want to consider changing this blog from Adventures in Gastronomy to Adventures in Travel….but gastronomy is such a fun word. I’d hate to lose it.

1 Comment(s)

1. Comment by Jeffrey on September 19, 2008 4:47 pm

“Travels in Gastronomy” has a nice ring to it.