Taking the Easy Way Out

Today, I’m going to answer a questionnaire that was sent to my by email. I was supposed to respond in the email, instead I’m posting here. You know me…I like to break the rules once and a while.

1. What is your occupation right now? Administrative Director of a research program at Harvard Law School.
  2. What color are your socks right now? Black…with a white Nike logo.
  3. What are you listening to right now? Traffic along Massachusetts Avenue in Cambridge as background noise to my keypad keys clicking (I’ve not turned on my iTunes yet).
  4. What was the last thing you ate? Smart Start cereal with vanilla soy milk.
  5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes, which was a good thing when I rented a car in Paris to drive to Amsterdam.
  6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? HMMM, I’ll have to think back on that one. It must have been Randy yesterday.
  7. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Well, I received it from two people: Randy and Ben. I’m rather fond of both (but more fond of one of them…sorry Ben).
  8. How old are you today? 37 years, 4 months, 6 days.
  9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? My snarky answer would be none. But I can get into the gay ones if forced: gymnastics and diving (partially for the sport, mostly to view the scantily clad athletes).
  10. What is your favorite drink? Sparkling water.
  11. Have you ever dyed your hair? No, but as a teen I would put lemon in it to make it lighten in the sun.
  12. Favorite food? Is “sweets” too broad of a category?
  13. What is the last movie you watched? At the cinema, it would be Sex and the City. On TV it would have been Gym Teacher: The Movie.
  14. Favorite Day of the Year? Probably Christmas. I love the whole holiday season, from the music to the lights…and love it even more if there’s some snow on the ground.
  15. How do you vent anger? I don’t….that’s my problem. I think I tend to let it build up. Fortunately, I don’t get angry much (and it takes a lot for me to really get pissed).
  16. What was your favorite toy as a child? Lego!
  17. What is your favorite season? This has changed over the years. I used to say summer was my least favorite and fall my favorite. Now I might be inclined to say summer (though, that could be because it’s just ended and it’s the most recent season I have in my head). But if you asked this question in May or June, I might say spring. I just like having a variety of seasons.
  18. Cherries or blueberries? I thought I hated cherries since all I’d ever had were Marachino (sp?) cherries. But I’ve recently discovered that cherries taste nothing like marachine cherries. Still, I’ll have to go with blueberries.
  19. Do you want your friends to email you back? Sure…or they can comment below with their answers.
  20. Who is the most likely to respond? I have no faith in my readers.
  21. Who is least likely to respond? All of them. Help prove me wrong, people!
  22. Living arrangements? Shacking up with the beau in a 2 bedroom condo in metro-Boston.
  23. When was the last time you cried? This is tough…I’m not much of a cryer. It might be when my niece died…back in 2005.
  24. What is on the floor of your closet? I’ve got plastic tubs of CD’s and DVD’s in the back, and milk crates (on their side) filled with shoes in front.
  25. Who is the friend you’ve had the longest that you are sending this to? UM…I’m sending it to the world!
  26. What did you do last night? Caught up on shows on the DVR with Randy.
  27. What are you most afraid of? Pain. I’m not afraid of death…just any pain that may be associated with it.
  28. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburger? Cheese
  29. Favorite dog breed? Well, my best experience as a pet owner has been with a West Highland White Terrier.
  30. Favorite Day of the Week? Probably Friday; game night!
  31. How many states have you lived in? Two (Massachusetts, California). But I’ve visited nearly 60% of them.
  32. Diamonds or pearls? Nothing beats a pearl necklace.
  33. What is your favorite flower? I hate flowers.

Actually, that took longer to do than coming up with a topic of my own to write about.

1. Comment by BigMomma on September 30, 2008 1:23 pm

Good call on the Legos Karl, but I’d have to add Linkin’ Logs..to mine as well. I had to comment since you were being a bully! Love ya. Carolyn

2. Comment by Randy on October 1, 2008 12:17 pm

What no blog entry today? pissed of at people for not writing back?
    Not even an gloating email how you won… oops i mean lost at scrabble last night to Deano .. Granted I too was globbered.

Randy

3. Comment by snarl on October 1, 2008 4:02 pm

I had nothing to say.

For the record, there were TWO games played last night I won the first round by about 50 points. I lost the second by about 20 points (and Randy came in dead last nearly 30 points behind me).

I’m not hiding anything!

4. Comment by Karyn on October 7, 2008 3:17 pm

Could I just point out that once upon a time, however briefly, that little white dog was tinted pink? And I was there to see it….and I haven’t stopped lauging about it since. 😉